𝚀 𝚄 𝙴 𝚂 𝚃 𝙸 𝙾 𝙽 𝙸 𝙽 𝙶 𝟹:𝟼

[in case you didn't get the notif from yesterday, make sure you've read 3:5 before getting to this one, thank you hehe uwu 💞]

◄ the year of 2018 ◄

Echoes of laughter filled the atmosphere around them, with Yoongi, his best friend Namjoon, as well as his brother and his other friend Joe, all sat together at a local pizza restaurant currently waiting for their order.

"Ewww nasty bitch don't throw spitballs! That's probably why you can't even get a girl to hold hands with you," Joe teased, earning a scoff from Geum-jae.

"At least it's better than Yoongi who doesn't get any action," he retaliated, immediately sparking an interest in the conversation by the other two boys who then turned towards a flushed Yoongi, clearly embarrassed by the proclamation.

Amidst conversation, Geum-jae's friend who sat beside him, Joe, looked up towards him expectedly as if waiting to ask him something.

And he did.

"Hey Yoongi have you ever held hands with a girl?" Joe asked steadily, his fingers playing with one of the (spit free) straw wrappers on the table.

Yoongi gulped.

"Uhh— n-no I haven't," he admitted apprehensively, wanting nothing more than to run out of the restaurant or cower into the bathrooms.

But before he got the chance to do so, he overheard his brother whisper the five words that still sank into his head every day from that day forward.

Ones he would never forget.

"My brother is literally gay,"
Geum-jae snickered to Joe in a hushed tone, his friend just carrying a stoic expression in return and not commenting on it, which Yoongi was extremely thankful for.

And when he looked over towards Namjoon, it seemed like he hadn't overheard that small statement either, with his dimples still on display from their prior conversation before Yoongi got asked that question.

Yet he couldn't deny the anxiousness building up inside him, irritated at how much his brother obsessed over investigating on his sexuality like it was some kind of job of his.

And if Yoongi wasn't questioning sexuality at the time, then maybe it wouldn't have bothered him as much as it did.

Because he couldn't help but feel that it was true.

Yoongi couldn't bring himself to even spare a glance towards his brother, who seemed completely unbothered by what he had just said and showed no sign of remorse at all.

Because although his intentions were harmless and the joke was merely meant to be a lighthearted one, it was much more than that since Yoongi still wasn't totally sure if he was straight or not. Which is why with every passing second of the ticking clock, Yoongi felt his pulsing heart pace up until it was at the speed of lightning; a blurry vision clouding his eyes until he came to the realization that he was on the verge of crying.

So with that being said, Yoongi quickly excused himself and retreated towards the bathroom, where everyone else at the table continued on with their flowing conversations ones filled with endless amounts of jokes and laughter.