𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑠 6:7

Yoongi tried not to think about it.

Tried not to think about the way Hoseok was naturally holding him in his sleep as if it came instinctively to both of them — tried not to ponder the fact that he had slept better than all of his nights at the university with Hoseok cuddled up beside him snuggly.

It was bizarre to say the least, being used to hating someone your entire life of knowing them and then it's as if one night alone flipped your entire perception about them.

Although really, maybe Yoongi never fully hated Hoseok.

But what was he talking about? Of course he did.

After all, there was nothing to like about him.

At least — not in Yoongi's eyes.

Or stubborn eyes, since he really did see past all Hoseok's imperfections at times and recognized the good traits that laid beneath that cold exterior the boy portrayed towards him exclusively.

The problem was admitting it, admitting it to himself or anyone for the matter that deep down in the tiniest crevices of his heart, there lay a soft spot for Jung Hoseok undoubtedly. In fact, Yoongi knew perfectly well of it too — and it wasn't an overnight conversion that led to this realization either.

Because really, Yoongi never truly hated Hoseok — and although he fully believed this matter, Hoseok never hated him either. It was all inside their heads, a simple illusion embedded into their consciousness since freshmen year by their coaches, sparking an immediate rivalry between them without their consent all because they were told to do so.

In a way it was unfair, because it all could've simply been avoided if it weren't for the school officials or their naive and overly competitive selves back then. Even now, they had the full option to have a heartfelt conversation with one another and patch things up like they should've done a while ago.

But they didn't.

Why?

Well, you probably have a pretty good idea as to why.

☕︎︎ ☕︎︎ ☕︎︎

A cool wind brushed past Hoseok's brown waves, sweeping them backwards ever so slightly as he made his way across campus and towards their local convenience store on a daily treat run.

Small errands like this became pretty much daily for him, always abiding to his own personal food cravings and stomach growls that distracted him too much away from his studies, always managing to convince him eventually to give in to those tasteful desires and purchase an energy drink of some sort or a bag of chips to keep himself up and running for the rest of the day.

And today was no different: finding himself a walks away from the small snack shop that lay just on the outskirts of campus where other cafes and university merchandise stores lay to attract either touring high school students or supplying actual enrolled college with food galore.

Stuffing his hand inside his hoodie pocket, already feeling the bitter September wind bite at his rosy pigmented cheeks just from being outside for barely ten minutes, Hoseok quickly checked the time on his phone only to see a text from Yoongi pop up. Which caught him off guard completely, rarely ever receiving any texts from him. But of course they exchanged phone numbers once finding out that they were roommates since it would be foolish not to do otherwise, even if they did supposedly hate each other.

cat pissing bitch
where r u

shit face
store y