𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑠 6:9

So this is love, mmm
So this is love
So this is what makes life divine
I'm all aglow, mmm
And now I know (and now I know)
The key to all heaven is mine

The relaxing tunes of the classic and famously known song from Cinderella, "This Is Love", quietly played through Hoseok's AirPods — filtering out the sound of rustling cars and roaring parties next door that played booming music through the thin walls of their dormitory — filling both his and Yoongi's unconsciousness with tranquility.

Because it was now around one o'clock in the morning, seeing as the two roommates accidentally fell asleep beside each other as they worked their mentalities away on their studies. Unarguably, they grew wary from staring at their laptop screens for hours at a time with zero breaks in between — thus explaining their unblamed exhaustion from it as a result.

Dozens of papers were strewn messily all around them, clustering up Hoseok's bedsheets with mathematical equations and literature analyses or book annotations that distressed them both dearly since it did take a lot of mental strength to focus solely on the one thing they despised the most.

But now it was as if all of their problems were whisked away from them and into dreamland where fantasies sprouted all about freely without any restrictions by science or the cruel reality that threateningly seeped within every crevice of hope or bliss. And most importantly, they were with one another both physically and emotionally — having finally cleared up any past drama or actual hatred between them with a new blossoming friendship that they both were extremely thankful for as well.

Though still, they were craving something more.

But in due time hopefully they'd both quench that desire sometime in the near future.

But for now, it seemed as if their progress was moving painfully slow — progress nonetheless — but it was torturous.

Yet here they were: two past enemies dozing off to the soft lyrics of a song that filled their unconscious minds as Hoseok's head accidentally ended up resting on Yoongi's shoulder from growing heavy of tiredness as the late hours of the nice crept upon them, while Yoongi still laid in his original position completely unbothered and hands folded limply across his sprawled out legs.

Technically this would've been the second time the two had slept in the same bed together — except it was also severely different since both Hoseok and Yoongi were still dressed in their day clothes and had their backs leaned up against the beige painted wall where Hoseok's was placed. But theoretically, they were sleeping in the same bed, so one could easily win that argument with the blatant facts even if this time was genuinely unintentional.

My heart has wings, mmm
And I can fly
I'll touch every star in the sky
So this is the miracle
That I've been dreaming of
Mmm, mmm
So this is love

Hoseok slowly peeled his eyes open from his slumber, instantly being met with a black inky void that sucked him right into the dark oblivion as confusion flooded his mind — since waking up in the middle of the night always tended to distort his thinking and brain every time it happened.

Wearily rubbing at his eyes in hopes to bring at least some life back to them, he cautiously turned his head to the side only to feel someone's shoulder rest directly underneath it.

Which of course, was Yoongi's.

And then everything came back to him.

How he offered for Yoongi to listen to music with him through his one pair of AirPods, how they both sat on his bed and worked their sanities away with coursework and crucial studying. And apparently, that — along with night creeping onto them — was enough to lure them into a deep sleep without even realizing.