🕑 𝗷𝗲 𝘁'𝗮𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝟰:𝟮 🕑

They were stuck in an elevator.

A freaking elevator.

Fuck, Hoseok thought to himself, panick swirling up inside him instantly replacing his once relaxed mood — all the prior ease building up to arriving in the streets of France was suddenly washed down the drain, as if it never even existed in the first place.

Being trapped inside an elevator was one of his biggest fears, the dreaded yet roughly rare occurrence never failed to shake him up just at the thought of it, or make an appearance whenever he stepped inside one.

It was simply out of his control, the heavy breathing, sweaty palms, and now jumbled up mind taking away his ability to think properly with only anxious thoughts protruding in and out of them.

But despite how often he stressed or prepared himself for it to happen, never once in his life did he actually ponder the actual possibility of it.

It was just one of those things that was stuffed away in the very back corners of his mind, hidden beneath the shadows of doom and fears and locked far far away from his actual awakened conscious.

But now, all those underlying fears came jumping at him from different directions, overwhelming him to the point where he actually thought he was going to pass out.

Not really in his right state of mind, Hoseok listened to his instinct and began pounding his fists on the door unmercifully, hoping and praying that someone would hear them. Though, that's not really how being stuck in a once moving mechanism worked, since stopping in front of a wall was much more likely than stopping at an opening.

"Shit shit shit shitttt," Hoseok cursed under his breath, the sound of his heart beating rapidly against his chest flowed clearly into his ears, making him contemplate if the stranger next to him could actually hear it as well.

And that's when he shot his eyes open in shock, because it now suddenly dawned upon him that there was indeed a person stuck inside this death trap alongside him.

Maybe it wasn't the most pleasant of a situation, but having someone near him in one of his most dreaded of incidents surely calmed him down to some sorts, since the simple presence and reminder that he wasn't alone formed his lips from a very obvious grimace to that of a thinned out line.

It wasn't a groundbreaking difference, but smiling in this case would just be unrealistic.

Now seeing how uneasy the person looked from not even two feet away from him unlocked a hidden away instinct stored in the back of Yoongi's brain for whenever things like this did happen.

Of course, he didn't know the person, but telling by his behavior Yoongi sensed that it was probably a fragile and delicate soul; a prejudiced assumption yet one he was willing to take that risk in order to do what was morally right in that moment.

Who knows, this guy could be anything: from a serial killer to a father, but that didn't once tear away Yoongi's mature and kindhearted tendencies to comfort anyone when the moment was right. And right now, he looked like he needed more comforting than anybody.

So pushing his more shy and introverted personality to the side, Yoongi apprehensively approached the man who was still banging his fists against the metal doors, and carefully rested a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, there's no point in doing that," Yoongi spoke up softly, immediately making the guy next to him whip his face in his direction with wide, sparkling eyes — ones that held clear worry and astonishment that someone was actually talking to him.

Because this whole unfortunate ordeal that the two were placed in altered his sense of reality entirely.

Letting his hands drop limply to his sides, Hoseok sighed in relief before backing up against the elevator wall and sliding down it, landing with a light thump on his butt. A stoic expression now placed on his face — Hoseok only concentrated his expression towards the wall facing him, not one ounce of emotion visible amongst his coffee tinted eyes.