Freshman Orientation

Dershwood, Connecticut

Katie: *playing video games*

Mother: Katie, shut off that game console, and get in the car! You have Freshman Orientation, today!

Katie: Okay, Mom! *sighs and rolls her eyes*

Mother: It starts in ten minutes, and you don't want to be late! Move it!

Katie: *rushes outside and gets in the car*

Time skip....

Dershwood High School

Katie: *in the hallway wandering around*

Dylan Cross: Hey, are you gonna be attending the Freshman Orientation?

Katie: Yes. Who are you?

Dylan Cross: I'm Dylan Cross, and I am gonna show you around. But, first, there's an assembly in the auditorium, where you will meet your teachers, and they will talk to the Class Of 2024, on school expectations. Cool?

Katie: Yeah, I guess. Are you a freshman, too?

Dylan Cross: No, I am a Senior. Class of 2021. I'll take you to the auditorium, where the assembly is about to begin. Follow me. What's your name, by the way?

Katie: Katie Edwards.

Dylan Cross: Pleasure to meet you, Katie! *shakes her hand* Here we are! You just have a seat, anywhere you want, and make yourself comfortable, okay? See you soon!

Katie: Yup, see ya, Dylan. *sits down* This auditorium is sure enormous with this crowd.

Mr. Tubbs: Hello, Class of 2024! I am the school principal, Mr. Tubbs, and it's my proud duty, to welcome you to Dershwood High! *speaking into the mic*

Girl: How long is this assembly gonna last?

This story was written on Wednesday, August 19th, 2020.

A/N The Class of 2024 will adjust! It takes time, but it will happen! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.