98: Red Headed Phoenix

*Dennis/The Beast x My Oc Sirena aka 'The Phoenix'. (The horde comes across a flaming beauty -first meeting story)

There was young woman age 18 that was named Sirena, she was dressed in a lovely faded pink silk blouse, a long flowing gypsy style skirt and pearls around her neck, her hair was very long all the way down to her backside and it was fiery red and wild, it was in a long braid behind her to keep it in place since it was a bit windy out. She just had got out of late music classes and was heading to the library to study. She breathes in the late spring air and it is refreshing "Wow such a great day today" she says to herself.

Passing by the old stone buildings, mind full of strettos and cadences, and she didn't notice the man in the shadows. His piercing blue eyes flashed behind his black rimmed glasses as he watched her pass. Squaring his jaw, he reached into his pocket, assuring himself that the spray canister was still there, and then he began to walk swiftly after her.

She didn't even seem to notice him following her since her mind was just buzzing with things she had to do even when she got home. A black cat comes out of one of the ally ways and meows at her. "Aw hey there, I think I got something you might like" she bends down to it and pets it, giving it some food out of her backpack. It meows happily at her as she continues to pet its head.

Dennis suppressed a shudder, seeing his target petting the cat. He tried not to think about what could possibly be crawling onto the red haired girl, and he made a mental note to clean her up once he had her. Throwing a quick glance over his shoulder, he saw no one else around. Taking the opportunity, he slipped the mask over his head, and pulled the cannister from his pocket. He grabbed her shoulder, whirling her around, and froze for a moment. Her wide green eyes dazzled him for a moment, and his breath caught in his chest. He felt Patricia pace impatiently in the back of his mind, and he mentally shook himself. Finally, Dennis pressed the trigger, spraying sleep into her face.

Later on, Sirena starts to rouse awake in a small cot bed and she tries to sit up some but her head is spinning slightly and her vision is a bit blurry from it, she takes a deep breath and holds a hand to her head as she tries to keep herself calm. "What's happening?"

The man, Dennis, is sitting rigidly in a folding chair. He wearing a grey button down shirt that is tucked into his charcoal slacks, and everything about him is immaculate. At her words, he runs a hand over his short hair, the then answers in the tones of someone reciting from memory. "You are sacred food, brought here to nourish the next form of human evolution." His eyes settle on her briefly, then flit away, unable to focus on his preaching's while gazing at her eyes or fiery hair.

"That spray you got me in the face with sure makes my eyes blurry" she mumbles, trying to get up again, even though her visions a bit blurry.

Dennis sighed, stood, and approached her. The hand he placed on her shoulder was surprisingly gentle. "You... you shouldn't try to stand. You could fall." His tongue darted out to nervously moisten his lips. "The floor is dirty." he added.

"Well I wasn't exactly expecting it to be so clean that you could eat off of it since I'm in a stone like room and kidnapped by The Horde" she chuckles lightly.

"You know," Dennis mused, "we hate that name. The others call us that. My name is Dennis, and I'm not just one of 'the Horde'." He couldn't stop his hand from drifting to her braid, where his fingers lightly smoothed an errant hair that had been taunting his OCD.

Her hand comes up and catches his wrist "You like my hair, huh?" she asks softly.

Dennis paused, holding the light firmly in his head. He didn't need an audience. "You're sacred food. I'm not supposed to touch you."