Setting up a date

As promised,I had to set up a date for L.Joe and Jungmin. So,I couldn't ignore both of them anymore. I was thinking of like maybe a romantic picnic in the park? Or a fancy dinner at a restaurant. Well,L.Joe could afford it. He's filthy rich. So,it was decided on a dinner. But I had to not let L.Joe know that he was going on a date with Jungmin. Reason being is because he's very stubborn and he won't listen to me. So,I had to cheat him into it.

"Nara,what are you doing staring into space?"L.Joe appeared from nowhere and scared me,making me jump a little.

"Dude,you scared me!"I scolded lightly.

"Mianhe,"he hugged me. My sheart beat increased rapidly and my stomach had this fluttery feeling. Why is he hugging me?"

"Ok. Whatever. I was planning to look for you anyway,"I pried his arms off me.

"So....on Friday are you free?"I asked him, playing around with my fingers.

"It depends....hmmmm if you're asking me out on a date then,yes. If not,no."

I blushed and rolled my eyes to cover up my act.

"I'm not asking you out on a date. I was just wondering if you wanted to eat dinner on Friday. "

"That's asking me out."he stated.

"Whatever. So,are you free or not?"I crossed my arms rudely.

"Yes,ma'am,"he said,smiling brightly.

All I need now is to tell Jungmin. But why do I want to take her place instead? Why do I want to eat dinner with L.Joe alone? Why is he making me feel all weird? Why did I fall in love with him?

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

As planned,I managed to set up a date for Jungmin and L.Joe. It was at a fancy restaurant. I preferred the idea of a picnic but I thought Jungmin would like this better. She was a more sophisticated. She played the cello,she was well-mannered and she was kind.

Me? I was a rough girl. I was vulgar and I had quite a bad temper. And I'm even an alcoholic. L.Joe's method of trying to stop me from drinking worked of course but I was still craving for some.

Well,but as a matchmaker,I had a duty to make sure the date went well. So,I waited at the restaurant in a hidden corner where I could see the table I reserved for them but they couldn't see me. I was in a dress because there was a dress code and to be honest,I wasn't very comfortable. I hadn't worn a dress since L.Joe's party.

I sat down and ordered a salad and a sandwich. Well,I still needed to eat,don't I? I started digging in to my salad when my phone buzzed.

I'm here already. Where are you?

I peeked through the corner and as expected,L.Joe was sitting at the table,looking at his phone.

I'm sick. I can't make it. I got Jungmin to go there since I don't wanna waste money.

I clicked the 'send' button.

What!?!?

I ignored his last message and continued stuffing my mouth with the veggies.

Jungmin finally reached 5 minutes later. She was wearing an elegant purple dress. Simple yet elegant and she looked even more beautiful since she had removed her glasses. Unlike me. I was a tad fatter than her and I'm not as pretty as her.

I sighed as I watched on.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

The date wrapped up quite quickly. All they did was eat. They had several conversations but they were really short. I could sense the awkwardness between them.

L.Joe paid for their dinner and they left. I grabbed my phone and followed them after paying too.

L.Joe opened the door to his car like a gentleman and Jungmin sat inside. The car sped away and all I could see was dust.

Where are they going? Are they gonna have...? Those questions ran through my mind.

Keep your cool! Nothing will happen. NOTHING!

I rubbed my temples. It's too late to regret anyway.