Gangster Life

Sunlight streamed through the blinds amd attacked my eyes,forcefully waking me up. I found myself facing L.Joe's chest,his arms wrapped around me.The pillow,supposedly to be separating us,lay on the floor. Aish this L.Joe!

I tried prying off L.Joe's hands of me by his grip just got tighter and tighter.

"I know you're awake,idiot,"I said,smiling.

"I know that you know but let me stay like this for awhile ,please?"his eyes fluttered open and he pouted cutely at me.

I sighed and lay back down in his arms.

"You know...what if one day,I died?"I asked,twirling a strand of my hair boredly.

"Why would you think so?"he raised a brow,his grip on me loosening a little.

"Well,with all that's happening...Infinite,Mr.K...me being Pink Leopard,the gangster world is scary...I may die anytime,anywhere and people may not even find my body,"I shrugged.

"You've watched too many dramas lately,"he commented,faking a smile I could see right through. Well,it was the truth. I could die anytime. Especially because I have such a sketchy background. People might want to kill me because I'm the Pink Leopard,N's sister,L.Joe's girl or just because I'm iKON's friend. This was partially the reason why I wanted to escape the gang world.

"No,I'm serious,"I got up,still sitting on the bed,my back leaning against the wall.

"Well,I'll be there to make sure you're safe,"he let go off me amd sat up too.

I smiled weakly. Let's face reality. Can he actually protect me? We're talking about Infinite. They're vicious and merciless. Their hearts are as cold as ice. It was already a miracle I could escape the last time because I'm no longer as good as before. My skills have become rusty and I can't run as fast. It's as if I aged a lot. I don't feel the same raging blood as before. I'd like to run away then fight because I'm afraid. I'm not fearless like before. I'm not the old me. I had nothing to lose then but now,there are just things that I hold too dear. I'm afraid of death.

"Your brother is calling again,"L.Joe said,passing me my phone,brushing off the sensitive topic before.

I rolled my eyes. My brother must be fuming. He has been calling me the whole time. Text,call and EVEN email or on my SNS. Gosh.

"You better pick up. He means well,"L.Joe advised,pulling himself out of bed to wake the others up for breakfast.

I sighed and picked up the call before gently placing it beside my ear.

"YAH! PARK NARA YOU FINALLY DECIDED TO PICK UP,EH? WHERE ARE YOU? YOU'RE GOING TO GET HELL FROM ME ONCE I FIND YOU. YOU'RE AT L.JOE'S PLACE,AREN'T YOU? WHATEVER I'M COMING OVER AND I'M GOING TO KILL HIM,"he screamed on the line and I brought my phone a little further from my ear.

"Oh my gosh calm down. You're hurting my ears. Don't worry I won't die. You don't need to find me. I'm fine by my own."

"You don't understand. Infinite is already on the move."he said,sternly.

"What?"I asked,confused. What is he talking about?

"Infinite looked for iKON yesterday to join forces with them but they refused and Infinite beat them up amd went on the streets of the West and went on a killing spree. iKON came to the South last night to seek help from me. You're in danger now. I have intel telling me that they are already in the East. So put your ass where you are now and stay there. I'll pick you up. L.Joe's stupid warehouse right? I'm coming soon. Don't get out. "He warned and ended the call.

I froze. Fuck fuck fuck. What do Infinite want?

"What's wrong?"a sleepy Ricky entered the room and asked,rubbing his eyes.

I stood riveted to the ground,staring at him blankly.

"Yah! Hyung....something's wrong with Nara!"he shouted and everyone gathered with worried or confused looks on their faces.

"Lock the doors and windows! NOW!"I ordered,getting up.

"What? Why?"

"JUST DO IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DIE!"I screamed at their faces,running to the main door and locking at it desperately.

"Nara,what's wrong?"L.Joe held me back as I tried running up to lock the windows.

"We're in danger,okay? I'll explain later. Just do whatever I say,"I said,removing his hands off of me.

Everyone obeyed my orders though still unsure of what was happening. After making sure everything was locked and we were temporarily safe,I sat them down.

I sighed,"Infinite is in the East,"

"WHAT?"they gasped in unison and I relayed whatever my brother told me to them.

"Then why are we locking ourselves here? We should be going out to fight them!"Changjo exclaimed,getting up to grab any potential weapons.

"No! Don't go! Please don't....I don't know what they are here for but I can't risk you guys...just wait here please,"I pleaded,holding on L.Joe's wrist.

But all I got back was a cold stare from him and a plain 'no'.

"We're gangsters,not cowards. We were prepared for this. Be it death,be it paralysis,this is our fate. We volunteered for this destiny and we can't run away from this responsibility. If they want to fight, they can bring it on. This is the gangster life,"he snapped,removing my hands from his and getting up. He was turning back into the cold gangster side of this.

"Let's go!"C.A.P announced and grabbed a baseball bat while others took other weapons.

"Stay here and wait for your brother. Never come out of this place until he comes. Bye,"L.Joe said,expressionlessly before running away.

"Lee Byunghyun..."I called out for him but he was already gone. I ran her hand down my hair in frustration. Will I ever see him again?

I teared at the thought of that.

We're gangsters,not cowards. We were prepared for this. Be it death,be it paralysis,this is our fate. We volunteered for this destiny and we can't run away from this responsibility. If they want to fight, they can bring it on. This is the gangster life

His words rang in my head. He spoke the truth. I'm a coward from running away from reality and I'm going to live this life with regrets. Even if I die today,tomorrow or right now,I would have already lived my life to the fullest. I grabbed