Chapter 42

Hana was feeling good today, she could finally lift and stretch her arms when she woke in the morning, it felt good to move again. She still struggled to walk but she was getting better. Taehyung was supposed to meet up with her today, she couldn't wait to meet him, wondering what kind of surprise did he have in store.

Smiling to herself she called Sena for help, she needed to wash up and get ready to see him, picking a sweet pale pink flowing long summer dress, she decided it would be nice to have a stroll at the hospitals garden. She texted Taehyung to meet her there, fortunately the garden was only meant for the hospital patients to get some sunlight and have a walk around so it wasn't a public space Taehyung could get caught in.

"Hana, would you like to bring your hat? It's pretty sunny out there." Sena asked, placing a woven summer hat on Hana's head. It was her favourite accessory during summer, have a big black bow at the back. She shook her head and opted for a big satin bow to be clipped behind her head, strands of hair pulled back into a sweet style, She beamed at herself in the mirror, although she was in a wheelchair she felt pretty in the outfit she wore. "Looks like its going to be a beautiful day." Sena spoke as she wheeled Hana down the halls towards the garden, they passed the large windows of the hospital overlooking never ending blue skies and cotton candy clouds in the distance.

Reaching the garden, Hana could feel the gentle breeze and the warm sun that kissed her cheeks. She missed being outside in the warmth of summer, in winter she was just trapped in the hospital, unable to step out due to the harsh temperatures. Today surprisingly didn't feel too hot even if the sun was shining down directly above them, the gentle breeze carried a refreshing feeling.

Sena wheeled her to a spot by a bench, she headed back into the hospital to get a cool drink for her. During this time Hana just closed her eyes and listened to the wind rustling the trees and the leaves, she could smell the fresh blooming flowers and soft chatters of a few patients roaming the garden. The garden was elevated on one of the floors of the hospital so you didn't hear much of the traffic on the ground floor, to say the least it was very peaceful until.

"Bark!"

She shot her eyes open hearing a high piched yip of a small dog that was very close to her.

"Shh! we were supposed to surprise her!" A familiar husky voice sounded from behind her, she managed to whip around to see Taehyung attempting to quiet down A ball of fluff in his arms as it kept trying to nip on him as Taehyung playfully tried to bite him back. Her heart swelled as a smile made it to her lips.

"Yeontan!" She squealed, unable to control her excitement.

"Uh, Surprise!" Taehyung shouted as Yeontan yipped, wiggling in his arms trying to get Tae to let go of him.

Taehyung carried Yeontan til he was directly in front of her and let him down. He was on a little harness probably due to the hospital rules.

"Hi Yeontan!" She giggled and reached down for the excited pup tapping his paws energetically and wiggling about in front of her. He got onto his two hind feet as she tried to lift him up but failed, she was still too weak. Taehyung saw this and helped Yeontan into her arms as the pup settled peacefully into her lap.