Chapter fifty six

"So if you sign here and here, we're all done," the woman from Columbia Records says. We've been negotiating for four hours before we finally came to an agreement. Niall seemed happy with the contract and I trust him since he has a lot of experience in this department. I take a look at Niall and he smiles at me. I take a deep breath and sign the papers. They all start to clap "welcome to Columbia Records" the woman tells me and I can't believe that it's really happening. I'm a recording artist from now on. Niall gives me a kiss on the cheek "I'm so proud of you" he says and I feel the butterflies going crazy in my stomach.

"Thank you," I say feeling my cheeks burn red from his compliment.

"Your first job is to go to the Brit award next week to introduce you to the music industry," she says.

"But there's a lot of people there," I say feeling a bit unsure about such a big event.

"We'll go together, I've been meaning to ask you," Niall says "I know that we never discussed going public with our relationship, but I really love you and if it helps you, then I think we should go together". I know that going with Niall can make it a lot better, but I'm still nervous about all those famous people.

"But if you don't want to, that's fine as well" Niall keeps talking.

"Niall, babe, breath," I say with a laugh, I really think it's cute that he wants to go with me and if this is what it's going to take for me to pursue my passion for music, then let's do it.

Niall takes a deep breath and looks at me expectantly, his blue eyes twinkling with excitement.

"Okay, we'll go together," I say and Niall picks me up and twirls me around.

"Yes," he says and I don't know why this is such a big deal.

We get up and say our goodbye's to the team and head outside. My next stop is going to my old job, I already made an appointment with Kim and I think she already knows what's going to happen. When Niall and I are in the taxi he is stroking my hand. I feel bad for quitting, they made me feel so welcome in London when I came here. They are like my family, I've worked there with so much pleasure. There was not a day that I went to work feeling like I didn't want to go.

"They'll understand," Niall says, sometimes I wonder if he can read my mind. He just knows what to say at the right moment.

"I know, but I feel bad for leaving them," I say and look out the window, the streets are full of sunshine, but I don't feel the mood.

We arrive at the parking lot and I'm stalling time not wanting to disappoint Kim. I won't be able to see Sarah as much as we did before. We now already haven't talked to each other in two days and in our world that's ages. I know she's been busy with work and just being in love with Harry of course.

"Shall I come inside with you?" Niall asks me his arm stroking my back.

"No, I think I need to do this on my own and I don't want people to recognize you," I say and give him a soft kiss.

"I'll be here if you need me," he says and gives me another kiss. I take a deep breath and put my hand on the handle. Here goes nothing.

I go into the store and straight to the office. My palms are sweating and I don't feel like myself. I knock on the office door and Kim opens the door.

"Hey, Lauren! Come in, how was your trip back home?" She says and I feel my heart drop that I don't get to work with her anymore.

"It was great and it was very eye-opening," I say and the look on Kim's face says enough. She just feels my energy and just knows that I'm here to quit my job.

"It's okay Lauren," she says and gives me a hug. That's when I just lose it and start to cry. I've always been the type of girl who goes for the safe things. I'm not the kind of person who would just take a risk. I don't like to fail people and I know that this isn't a failure, but if my music doesn't work it will feel like that.

"I'm sorry Kim," I say and wipe away the tears and she does the same.

"It's okay and it was my pleasure to work with you and know that if this whole artist thing doesn't work out, you can always come back to us," she says and my heart just explodes from the love she gives me.

"Thank you," I say to her and we hug each other again.

We talk about the contract that I just signed and that I'll be working with Selena.

"I'm so happy for you Lauren, you deserve it," she says and gives me a little squeeze in the arm.

"Thank you, Kim," I say. My phone starts to buzz and I totally forgot that Niall was waiting for me outside.

"I'm sorry Kim, but I have to go," I say and we give each other another hug and we laugh about how sentimental we are.

"Promise, you still come to visit us when you're all big and famous," she says and gives me a wink.

"Of course I will," I say and wave her goodbye.

While I walk back to the car I realize that I'm very lucky. With the change to do something with my passion and also with the love of my life who's waiting for me in the car. 

Hey guys! Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. I just want to thank you for reading my story. I hope you enjoy it and don't forget to vote :)