Part Fifty-Two

Part Fifty-Two

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Nnenna's POV

“Nne, I hope you've prepared everything you will be needing for the exams tomorrow. Achorokwam inu ‘mummy I forgot this’,” my mother began her usual advice that's almost like she's scolding you.

“Yes ma,”

“Okay oo, make sure you revise through your notes early this morning as you know we leave for the center by 11pm.” she continued.

There was no need to reply to that, I already told myself that I would wake up on time to read again. I had to take JAMB examination tomorrow at Franklin's Computer Institute Ijegbu by 1:30pm. I had packed all the materials I would be needing for the examination, in the small backbag I'd be going with. Even my outfit was laid out.

I was set for tomorrow.

I wondered if I was going to meet any of my classmates. I wasn't aware of anyone having to write in same center and date with me. Well, Jade and Timothy, from what I heard – will write in this same center at consecutive days. So, probably I may not see them.

I'll wait until tomorrow to confirm that though.

.
.
.
Mom ended up leaving me on my own, two hours after we arrived at the center. She got an important call which made her choose to go earlier. The call must have been really that important, because if I knew mom like I claimed, then it was safe to say that she won't have left me on my own.
The day I found out about my date, time and center, I checked the center out the next day with Mom.
Of course, that too was her idea.

It didn't matter that we'd already mapped out the place, she wasn't one to leave me alone based on such things, she was that protective. Thankfully, I met other teenagers who either came alone, with a friend or sister. I wasn't the social type but I could get into one or two useful conversation.

I surveyed the environment I found myself in. It was a spacious land with three blocks built metres away from the another. In one of the blocks labelled 'ICT unit', was the hall I supposed we would be taking the exam when the time arrived.

Of all the faces I could see, I could hardly picture any to be familiar. There's actually one that I think I recognized as my classmate in primary school, but I couldn't be sure since it's been long I kept in touch with any such people from my almamater. He was quite tall, broad shoulders and head that could pass up for a watermelon.

“Hey, is someone sitting down here?” a girl said to me. Her high-pitched voice indicated that she was overly excited for some reason. She was wearing a maroon polo inside black dungaree and had her hair in two small buns – like that of Mickey.

“None that I know of,” I replied.

She nodded like she approved of my answer. “I'm Brianna and I attend Lytton's college, you?”

“I'm Nnenna, from Great Citizens' Hall.”

“wow, our schools are not strange to one another naa...” she stated.

“Yes,” I agreed with her. It was a fact that the other school in close competition with GCH was Lytton's college. In sports and quiz, they either came out as first and second, and vice versa.

“So, did you read that literature?” she said, effectively changing the topic. Which brought me to the realization that I've been carried away with what my eyes were seeing that I haven't even looked at the small book positioned on my laps.