Part Eighteen (New Mom?)

A/N; This conversation between Bella and her dad actually took place a day before Daphne and her mom's conversation.

Part Eighteen

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
Bella's POV

The bright rays of the sun glistened my room, shining in through the french doors of which I had already taken aside the white and burgundy flowered curtains.

The light illuminated my usually dim sky blue coloured room, making it easier for Mirian and I to play Whot.
We were sprawled on the floor, laying our stomachs flat on the floor.

"Oya go market," Mirian ordered as she played her card. I did as commanded before she played another, "pick two...he he he." she gaffed at me.

"This is not fair at all oo Mirian," I grumbled while sorting my card.

"That's the fun of the game naa...ngwa hold on...continue." She continued throwing her good cards at me.
I couldn't fathom why I haven't beaten her at this game yet. We play this same game literally everyday when we're less busy so why does she beat me at it every time.

Is there something I'm probably doing wrong?' I thought to myself.

After she checked for the third time today and began shuffling the cards, we heard the opening sound of my room door. I turned to see my dad standing before us.

" Hey dad," I stood up to go embrace and give him a peck on his left cheek, "how was work today and why are you back so early?" I asked as we walked back into the room.

"Can't I come to my house anytime I feel like it?" He perked his eyebrows at me while I chuckled at the question.

"Good afternoon sir." Mirian greeted my father.

"Afternoon."

"I will come in later," she said to me. Standing up from the floor, she adjusted her black gown and arranged the cards before she left the room.

"Sweetheart, daddy needs to talk to you about something," he spoke while adjusting for me to sit beside him on my bed.

"Okay...?"

"Well, you see this is the holiday period. It's the Christmas season and I have an earlier surprise for you this time." He played around with his hands and gazing all over my room.
I don't know what could make my dad act this nervous but I'm not thrilled to know either.

"I met a woman,'' he paused and sucked in his breathe after that, "and I like her and wish to take things to the next level with her. In other words, I want to date her." He admitted.

"And you're telling me this because...?"

"Because she'll be coming over in two days time to spend a few days with us. I want you to get to know her, try and be civil and mature with her... okay darling?" He asked as if the entire thing depended on me.

At that moment I didn't know how I felt. I'm not happy that someone would be taking my mom's place in my dad's life but I want to meet this woman who it seemed got to my father. I'd like to get to know her as well.

"Okay daddy. I'll do it for you but are you sure you're happy with her?" I insisted to be sure my dad is not being pushed and actually wants to date her.

"Of course dear. How about we go shopping for one or two things to prepare for her arrival?" He asked

I nodded in the affirmative and he rose up, probably to change his clothes and get his ATM card. I arranged my room after he left and took the opportunity to freshen up. I wore a brown polo and black dungaree with black sneakers, hanging my yellow teddy purse across my shoulder and held my phone in my hand. I had every intention of taking a lot of selfies today.