Part Four(Oh no!)

Part four

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Nnenna's POV

"Who can explain to the class the difference between mutual and commensal association". Mrs Onyeka, the biology teacher asked.

"Let me try."  Johnson said

"Ehe ehe, I don't want that comment' let me try' it's either you want to say something or you don't have anything to say. I know that you may not be absolutely correct, but just answer the question if you have something to say. A lot of people say 'let me try' and they end up deviating from the question, so tell us what do you think?"

  "Mutualism can be said to be the interaction between two organisms living together and benefits from each other while commensalism is an association between organisms where one gains and the other neither gains nor loses". He answered with a slight aura of pride.

"Give him a clap!" She instructed and we did as told. She continued with her 'Question and answer' session until the teacher for the next period arrived.

Sir Chisom, the physics teacher is a strict teacher and also friendly but only to those close to him, who has gotten on his good side. I'm one of those students but I can't really say I'm good in physics only that my hardwork pays off. I also can't say I'm a match for that annoying boy David, or worse, Hassan the class physics guru.

Johnson is good in biology maybe as much as I am but I'm also good in English and I think that Daphne as arrogant as she is, also is good in English. Some other students are either too quiet or do not like to answer questions in class.

Sir Chisom solved some problems and gave two more as assignment before the bell for break time rang.

___________

I walked down to the kiosk shops inside the school with Deborah (the girl that took me to class on my first day, we're close friends now) and Dinma. I feel those two are much closer, virtually everyone in our class refer to them as twins as they almost look alike and are found everywhere together.

 We bought snacks, I got for myself a bottle of Pepsi and two meatpie.  Trust Ego's meatpie to be the best.
I've never bought food from the school eatery spot. I heard from Dinma, that it was banned before but told to resume because parents continually complained of their wards developing stomach ulcer, as most of them live far from school and at times have to come to school without eating. So with the new administration, it was asked to resume in business but only during break periods to avoid most students who would abuse the opportunity and go to buy food early in the morning.

 To my surprise though Debby said that we should accompany her to the eatery to get food. Dinma as usual bluntly told her that she won't wait for her if she planned on eating there and I agreed with her but Debby said she would just buy takeout, so we went in and she joined the queue while Dinma and I waited.

 I felt so hungry that I opened my drink and started eating there. When I finished with the meatpie, I wanted to throw the nylon on the floor but saw someone looking towards us and decided to play the good student. Little did I know that I have invited trouble into my life when I stood up.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

David's POV

Woozathe drink spilled on my shirt, giving it a large stain and I looked up to see the stupid girl looking at it with fear in her eyes. I felt all eyes on me, I've never been so embarrassed in my life, it seems luck isn't on her side because I am so furious today and I wouldn't let her walk away after everything she did. She's not even attractive wearing that big navy blue skirt with flowered blouse, it's not our school uniform so she must be the new girl in our class.

  Out of anger, I pulled her out of the eatery to avoid creating a scene and towards the back. I started removing my shirt and the fear she showed only seemed to intensify, but I couldn't care less. I shoved the shirt to her after pulling it off.

"Make sure that the next time I see this shirt, it will be as clean as it was before you spilled on it. Now get out of here before you draw people's attention to this place". I'm sure I got my message across because she scurried away like a scary cat.

 I looked around me before pulling out my phone. Yes I bring it to school in fact all SS3 students who have phones. But, we're wise enough not to let the Principal or any academic or nonacademic staff see us. I  quickly told Johnson to bring me my sports polo from my bag since it is the same colour as the school shirt (sky blue), I could wear it inside and then button up my jacket.
I have other shirts so I'll just wear another one to school tomorrow.

________________

 I was so excited when the final bell for the day rang, I would meet up with football practice after all. Everyone started gathering their books and other stationary when the principal came into the class and told us to wait for a brief meeting with him after we come in from the afternoon information assembly.

People also tend to use the phrase' brief meeting' often, but most times they don't know the meaning of brief. One or two sentences that would not take more than three minutes, they will make last as long as one hour.
And I really did not want to miss the practice of today.

•°•°•°•°••°•°•°•°°•

Finally, the hero David and Nnenna have had an encounter.

I realized something coincidental here. My physics teacher in Sec. Sch was also named 'Sir Chisom' and I had unconsciously used the same name.
😁😁😁

Yours sincerely,
Amyirechi🌸