Part Sixteen (What's happening?)

Part Sixteen
   °•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Deborah's POV

  I was furiously stuffing my books and food flask into my locker when Hassan and Nnenna walked into the classroom. From the look of things, it seems they came in together.
 I suddenly felt a surge feeling of jealousy coarse through me.

'No, Deborah control yourself. Nnenna is your friend and as for Hassan, you shouldn't even care about him'. I chided my inner self and then looked back  at them.

'Oh who are you kidding, you're jealous'. The thought of it being true infuriated me more.

 "Hey Debby," she called out to me.

 "Hi," I returned the greeting with a forced smile.

"Have you seen Dinma this morning?"

"No, is there a problem?"

"It's because I gave her my Civics notebook and we have Civic for the first period. I don't want to be punished oo." she answered.
   "She'll come don't worry." I said to her before Dinma walked into the class with David.

I had already taken my Bible and purse before catching her gaze towards Hassan and David. I don't understand the reason behind it, maybe it's because they were grouped together but I know I didn't like the feeling I had at that moment.
I've been together with Hassan and David in this school for a long time and just recently a new student is closer to them.
To even add to my suspicion, I noticed Nnenna slagging behind us with David while we went down for the devotional assembly.

 "How would you like to lead us in praises?" I overheard Hassan whispering to Nnenna.

"Don't you dare?...okay sorry, please don't," she replied him and when I turned my back, I saw smiles on both their faces and a scowl on David's. I really do not know what's happening today.

We finished the assembly and went back to our different classes to begin the day's activities.

"Hey Debby, how're you?" I turned to see Bella walking behind me. She's carrying a new bag today, pink and blue onehand bag and she used a pink ribbon to tie the bun of her shoku hairstyle.

"How far?" I asked.

" I'm good dear. How did your break go?"

  '' It was okay, yours?"

"Hmm, Thank Yahweh shaa." she shrugged.

With the way she replied, I remembered she was actually paired with Daphne in same group. I really wonder how the two of them kicked it off.

"Okay then. See you during English class." She said before entering into her classroom, SS3B.

Moving further, not more than twelve feet is the entrance to SS3A, my classroom. I entered the class and as expected every morning, the classes were always noisy. There were students like Timothy, who is writing an assignment this early morning and I won't be surprised if it's mathematics assignment.

After minutes of chattering and bantering, Mrs Omotayo, our form mistress and also Civic Education teacher came into the classroom.
  "Class compliment!" Ernest the class prefect thundered.

  As we rose and opened our mouth to greet,
"No there's no need. Good morning all, how was your break?" She asked.

  "Fine Aunty."

" Aunty mine was excellent."

" Aunty too much assignment oo, I couldn't even enjoy it."

 A lot of responses from every student who cared to tell.