Part Ten (Midterm)

This chapter is dedicated to WuonameG25  , thanks for the numerous love on this book babe ❤

Part Ten (midterm)

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Nnenna's POV

I couldn't believe my luck up to now, and by luck I mean unfortunate one.
Me, David, Hassan... haba! .
Those two definitely have something between them because when Mrs Ekehinde announced their names as members of a group, you could probably hear a pin drop as a result of the silence that ensued.

I didn't even know what to do about everything. You could hear others in the class calling out their group number for their members to identify, I just remained numb on my chair not knowing if to go towards David or Hassan.
Thankfully, Hassan and Yewande started moving towards me.

Don't blame me, I'm not happy that they did that, I just don't want to make a wrong move.

"Hey, you're Nnenna right?" Hassan asked.

What!
How come he doesn't know, I've been in this school for a month and two weeks.

  "Yes, I'm Nnenna" I replied calmly, the total opposite of how I'm feeling inside.

"Well, I'm Hassan" he replies and turns to the girl, I guess expecting her to introduce herself.

"I'm Yewande, Joseph Yewande. It's nice to get to work with you."
She introduced, whilst pulling her spectacles up and down. I guess she's the nervous and shy type.

"We should be five in number, who are the other two?" I asked feigning ignorance but who would blame me,  I'm a new student. 

"Umm, David and Kenneth," Yewande replied whilst looking around for them. "Kenneth, come here." She called out to him.

The tall,dark with brooding shoulders summarized whatever conversation he was having with his friends and started moving towards us.

"So... this is group seven I presume?"
He asked

"Yea, what do you think.." I retorted though I never meant to sound so mean.

He opened his mouth, wanting to say something in reply but closed it on second option.
Wise decision’ I thought.

"So what's the agendum for this meeting?" Yewande started.

"Well, we all heard Mrs Ekehinde, this is for us to get acquainted with each other and to select a leader among us" Hassan said. Momentarily, his eyes moved to a distance and he returned it to the spot on my desk.

I followed his eye movement and mine landed on David.  He is seated at the desk beside mine in a position that would say he's not interested in whatever we're doing, but his still body says otherwise.
After putting down our names on a piece of paper, the time came to choose the leader.

  "So who's going to be our leader?" Yewande asked

"The question should be more like ' who can handle the responsibility of the leader?'" Kenneth asked dryly

It took some time to deliberate on the issue, but we eventually came up with a solution. Five pieces of paper were rolled into tiny balls with only one bearing the name 'Leader' inside, each person is to pick one ball and open it.
We all picked one, David and his nonchalant attitude picked the last, and in anticipation, we started unrolling the paper ball.

.........

Hassan's POV

Luckily, neither David nor I emerged the leader. That would be a total disaster, Nnenna of course emerged to be. I knew she was just recently enrolled into GCH and that she's also a member of my class but I've never known anything about her. Not her name, or even tried to speak to her before.

When I started the conversation with 'you're Nnenna right?', I had felt so stupid, coupled with the brief look she gave me. But I couldn't take it back, the words were already spoken.

"Yes, I'm Nnenna." she replied, her voice so calm and I think sarcastic.

The meeting had been going so well until David made his presence known. For a moment, I was afraid he would create a scene but thankfully, he stayed away but close.
If you get what I mean.

Nnenna had gone to give the names to Mrs Ekehinde after we agreed that we'd be meeting at the school library to plan our presentation.

"No way!, if that's your decision, then I won't be a part of this."

David announced when it was decided that the meeting would take place in my house. We had agreed on planning our meeting point each day but Nnenna said she had no phone.

"How could you not have a phone in this global age, who does that.." Kenneth chuckled at his own joke.

Nnenna's face had gone from embarrassed to angry so I decided to intervene.

"It's enough Ken. Okay what about my house, since it's close to the school you'll not find it difficult to remember the location." I offered which David turned down bluntly.

Even I was surprised he would do that, we always considered it cool whenever guys kept their misunderstanding and fights away from everyone but now he's definitely doing the opposite of that.
I haven't had the chance to talk to him after the misunderstanding but I plan on doing so while we work together on this project. Yewande had brilliantly suggested the school library since the midterm break doesn't affect them and finally it was agreed.

.....

Grrh, grrh, grrh..

The school bell rang out indicating dismissal. I exhaled, finally I get to go home. I'm so exhausted, I just want to go home, eat to my satisfaction, take a bathe and lay down.

Besides that, I'm so happy that we weren't given a load of assignments to do, asides Mrs Ekehinde, the others were a walkover.

After the normal closing prayers, the principal gave his speech declaring this term's midterm break officially started. While leaving, I remembered to give Nnenna my number so she can contact me for anything.

I'm so looking forward to this break.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Me two, I look forward for the events coming up.

Vote, comment, share.  

Yours sincerely,
Amyirechi 🌸