Part Eight( Projects)

Part Eight

**Important A/N at the end of the chapter**

•°•°•°•°°•°•°•°•°•

Daphne's POV

I can't believe I'm late to school today. Not that I overslept, it's just unexplainable. I've been busy since morning doing what has no value, like surfing the internet and through my social media accounts.

I've been inactive on Instagram for some time because I've not been in the mood for it, but after seeing notification of 45 additional followers, I decided to chat with some of them for a while.

 By the time I got to school, the morning assembly was almost over. Gladly, when I arrived, Ms Ifeoluwa had resigned from standing at the gate. I'm certain she would have made my morning horrible with her comments and rude remarks, she may even result to tell my junior functionaries to punish me.

After the Principal's morning speech (as usual), we retired to our classes to begin the day's lectures.

"Dp my love," a voice called from behind and without having to turn around I already knew who he was, David is the only person who refers to me by that name.

I really have no idea what he wants this morning but I don't mind joking around for a while. Sometimes I think he's bipolar because he gives me mixed signals. I know I have a crush on him, but he makes it difficult for me to ascertain if he does have for me too. My relationship with David go way back, not as boyfriend and girlfriend though, but as close friends. If I remember clearly, I realized about my feelings since SS1 and have kept it to myself because I don't know how he'd react.

  "Wassup bae?"

"I'm cool boo," I simply shrugged. We use that slangs towards each other too, not that it means anything, at least not to David. Though most of our friends taunt us about it and make a joke about us being in a secret relationship.

  "So, why did you come late today, it's so unlike you?" he asked while searching for something in his pockets.

"I got carried away, I decided to pick up my phone first thing this morning, despite knowing it is a bad idea and there I forgot that time waits for no man."

"So true but apart from my WhatsApp and Instagram accounts, I've frozen all my other social media accounts and yea also except my email account."

   "I just know how much you love your Instagram account because many of your followers there are girls," I retorted.

  "Jealous much?"

" No way! I've got lots of followers too remember "

"Alright, how many?" He asked.

"682, you?"

"705" he smirked, which made me want to knock him.

I know you wanna know just how possible it is for young students like us to have such amount of followers, but that is a story for another day. Right now Mrs Ekehinde our English mistress is in our class and from the look of things, it seems to be a combined class.

Oh! How much I just hate combined classes.

Hadith's POV

"Alright, today we'll be treating the topic 'phrases and clauses'. I didn't want to start this topic this early because it is quite sensitive, but I realized that if not now then there may be no time for it later," Mrs Ekehinde said.

It's a good thing this is a combined class, because honestly I'm not in the mood to learn this morning. I hurriedly placed my chair besides David's, I think I'm actually in the mood for some stories.
Some too good students have already clustered their chairs in the front, which would make it difficult for the teacher to catch us while we're talking.

 "Dave, how u dey?" I asked pulling my chair closer.

  "Sugar plum, I'm okay and you?"

"Don't even begin with your sweet words, I dey think say you take me as your sister, so wetin happen?"

  "I no understand?"

"You no understand, Dave you never realize the gap wey don dey between us. Sometimes my friends dey ask me, if we get problems, but me I know say we no get one. So why the distance. Does this have anything to do with my brother?"

   " Hmph, I no get you. Even if say I get matter with your brother, why I go drag you into it. You know say you be my main person."

  " Lia..."

"David and Hadith, would you mind sharing with the class what you're discussing that's more important than this class?"

"Nothing Ma," David quickly replied.

"You know, there's one other thing I hope to achieve today after the lecture but from the look of things, I would have to start with that so that I could keep you guys busy and make you indulge yourselves in useful activities during the midterm break. I have a project for you guys and I would need to place you into groups."

Some students started murmuring while the goody two shoes students were intrigued.

But Mrs Ekehinde continued nonetheless, "Ernest how many students are in your class, and Beauty how many are in class B?"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°°•°•°•

I'm sorry I had to end it here but I have a very important info.

> All of Us has been accepted to participate in the swiftreads360official awards. Yea!!,🙌🙌 that's the good news.

>Now in order to vote for this book, you'd have to place an inline comment besides All of Us by Amyirechi (+1), and this should be done ONCE each day.

>You can vote for the book as many times as you want but it should be done once a day.

In case you want to do this and you don't understand what I've written, then please feel free to PM me.

Head on now and add The Swiftreads360official continent awards to your library and start voting. Please guys do this for me, it would only be possible with all my wonderful readers by my side.

>> Remember, it's All of Us together in this...

Yours sincerely,
Amyirechi🌸