Part Fourteen (Masked 💀truth)

Chapter Fourteen

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
David's POV

Walking into the school premises this breezy morning, my mind is filled with thoughts. Especially thoughts about Timmi's birthday, I still couldn't believe I did what they said I did there five days ago.

I remember the part where I was drinking myself to stupor, but the rest of the event has been fazed in my memory. Just as I walked into the hallway of the Senior Students' section, I got a glimpse of a familiar back. Angling my neck towards the direction, I realized it was after all, Hassan walking together with the new girl Nnenna. (I think that's her name).
The sight before me reminded me of the bet I had made... Correction.. drunkenly made. Ifeanyi was the person who actually reminded me of everything that happened that evening.

Flashback
'Aaargh,' I groaned before sitting up on my bed.
My head pounds like a drum in which the drummer beats on. I don't know what pushed me to take those drinks but it's already too late to regret my actions.

I stayed on my bed bemoaning my fate this morning when a knock came on my door. "Ugh, who's that?" I asked, praying earnestly that she wasn't mother.
I honestly do not want her scolding me so early in the morning.

"It's me, David," sounded the voice of my brother. I exhaled in relief and told him to come in.

"Ifeanyi your classmate is here to see you." he said still standing outside my room but leaving the door ajar.

"Ha, so early?" I asked rhetorically but Ikenna replied

"It's not early, the time says 10:13am. You're lucky though that it's your midterm break or else you'd have had it from mummy," He finally left the door coming into my room.

" When did I come home last night?" I asked.

"Around seven, but your friends brought you back actually and again you're lucky mummy wasn't around, she would have surely questioned the kind of outing you went to with your friends to come back like that."

" That's good then, go tell Ifeanyi to come up and bring paracetamol for me when you're coming back." I told him, struggling to get on my two feet to brush my teeth and wash my face.
After washing my face and brushing, I pulled off the shirt I've been wearing since yesterday.

Just then, Ifeanyi came into the room.
" Guy, wetin happen yesterday naa? You just dey do one kind," he said.

"My brother I no even know. Honestly I can't remember what exactly happened." I said, tossing my dirty shirt in the laundry basket.

" Guy we dey lucky sef say authorities no catch us. At some point, the party come take another direction. If you see raw dance, the drinking was much. Thank goodness say I no drink, but as for dance, I dance well well," Ifeanyi said and used his tongue to wet his lips. I found that particular action disgusting so I just rolled my eyes at him.

" Eehn! You no remember the dare wey you take yesterday."

"Which dare biko?" I asked in confusion.

"You no remember, say they dare you say make you chyke Nnenna,"

"Who be Nnenna?" I asked searching my mind to remember because the name sounds familiar.

" The new girl naa..did you forget?"

"How can I make such ridiculous agreement?"

" Well duh, because the consequence is outrageous, you get 10K to give out?" he said matter-of-fact.

"Wetin?!"...

Flashback ends

I shrugged after remembering my conversation with him that day. I'm going to have to do something about this dare, especially to protect my ego and public image. I've never lost a challenge before and I don't intend to start now.

I looked at the both of them again, they were getting closer to the classroom while I slagged behind because I didn't want to cross paths with them.

I also noticed that Nnenna is putting on the school uniform, today is her first time since she began attending this school. The uniform fits her body perfectly and she had a very nice body, too bad she always wore shaggy mufti that hardly showed those hips.
Suddenly, I felt angry or jealous seeing her together with Hassan. I've always been the guy the girls fell for and now somehow, Hassan has managed to gain her attention.

'No, it can't be, no matter what it takes she has to acknowledge me too. This dare seems to have gotten much more interesting, I think I should reinvoke my flirting spirit, it'll make the work easier'.

Get ready Nnenna, I'm coming for ya.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Uh-oh, run Nnenna, run as fast as you can.

What do you have to say about this chapter?

Yours' sincerely,
Amyirechi