Part Nineteen (I smell trouble)

Part Nineteen.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
Nnenna's POV

  "Whew!" I exhaled after I helped myself to a cup of cold water. I've been sweating profusely all day, adding to the fact that no sign of electricity power.

I've cleaned, washed, cooked and even cleaned again. Now I just have to wait for my younger siblings to come home from school to continue the circle of chores again. Since I don't have a phone for now, I keep myself busy during this holiday by going over my notes, especially Biology and Chemistry.

'My love for Biology no be here'

I was jotting and noting down some helpful points and hints on Succession outside our house, before I heard voices chattering behind me.
The way the compound was built, our house is located behind the two-storey building which serves as the front of our compound. So our own house is literally called the backyard because when coming to our house from the gate, you have to walk beside either the left or right side of the two-storey.
Only one big black gate guarded the compound, no security man to keep watch so everyone in the compound has to keep his or her ears to the ground.

  "Sister good evening," both Stephanie and Tochi greeted me simultaneously.

"Ahah, welcome." I replied and hunched my back over the stool I was writing on. The stool was low which made writing harder, but I had no other choice.

 Not too long ago that Stephanie and Tochi came back, they've already started making irritating sounds with the pot of porridge yam. Well, it's a good thing I'm older than them so they're going to wait for me to dish the food as they wouldn't dare do it when I'm around.

"Sister come and share the food, naa me I'm hungry oo," Tochi spoke, twisting his mouth like anteater.

"Biko I'm coming." I scribbled some more until I arrived at the end of the sentence and put a full stop before I stood up and made my way to the kitchen.

Few minutes after I settled them with their food, of which they're having with only their innerwears on, I continued reading my biology textbook until Gold came to tell me that someone is looking for me.

Gold is one of my neighbours living on the second floor of the two-storey building. She's 5'8 in height and dark in complexion with an oblong face, she's much taller than me and anyone who doesn't know about us would conclude that she's older but she's in SS1 at Claire High, so that's an advantage for me.

"Who's the person?"

"He said his name is David and that he's your classmate. Your project member," she elaborated.

"Oh, okay... tell him I'm coming," I instructed. I wasn't willing to just let him see my house and especially when I never gave him an invitation.

  "Okay." She walked back towards the front of the house.

I wore my slippers and changed the strapless top I was already wearing to a better one, then I told my siblings that I'm stepping out and they shouldn't open the door unless it's someone they know.
I don't know how long David is going to keep me but I want to make sure those siblings of mine won't make a terrible mistake.
I felt my palms becoming damp with each step I took towards the front. I eventually got the front of the building and asked Gold who is busy washing, where my visitor was.

  "He's standing in front of the gate."

   Nnaa eeh, why is he na standing in front of the gate, does he want everybody living in this street to know that he's here for me'.