Part Thirty-Six (Rethink?)

Part Thirty-Six

Daphne's POV

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

We were told to remain in class after dismissal assembly today by our form mistress, so she can read out the WAEC timetable for us.

I still cannot believe that WASSCE was just few weeks away. I've been so scared to face this chapter of my life since I entered senior class, and now, I can't ignore it anymore.

We filed in singly in a straight line, into our classroom after the dismissal assembly was over. The way we walked into the class, anyone would think that we were ordered to walk in a single line. Although I'm sure it happened unbeknownst to all of us.

"Una see as everybody just dey march in, like say we want collect sweet for birthday party." Timothy remarked. He must have noticed it too.

Everyone on the line then realized that he actually spoke the truth. But as much attention-seeking as Obi was, he walked out of the line first.

"What are we, primary school pupils?" He asked no one in particular.
Slowly but surely, the straight line of students broke apart. Each person walked out of the single file to create another path to tread on.

I sat down on my chair, located at same place as Timmi and Jade's chairs. For now that we have not been arranged to sit alphabetically, my friends and I figured that we'd all sit close to each other. Timmi especially, liked the idea because she's been bringing her phone to school lately. So, staying close to us her cartel, she believes we won't let her get into trouble with any teacher. And to be honest, that's how we protect one another.

Jade, Amara, Stephen and I suddenly engaged in a discussion about how tough WASSCE examination would be. Amara and Stephen bragged about few tricks their older siblings; who have already sat for the exams, taught them. I on the other hand, have no elder brother or sister to tell me stories on what happened during their time. So I can only hope that the things I'm hearing from these two are not as scary as they sound.

"Nna ehh! Where's Mrs Ekehinde, I want to go home already. I'm so tired and hungry already." Amara began to complain.

Well I completely understand her. After staying in school for over nine hours, learning and studying formulas thanks to , we've been kept waiting just to receive WAEC timetable. As I am right now, I just need to lay down my head and catch up on some really nice sleep, so the longer I stay here, the more frustrated I become.

"You're not alone in that my sister, it's doing me to just take the so-called timetable from her, take a quick photo and then be on my way out of here." Steph of course had to concour with Amara.
I don't think I remember him ever disagreeing on something.

Immediately the words left his mouth, Mrs Ekehinde walked in. Today she was dressed in long pink-denim-skirt and black turtleneck blouse. Her long braids were folded to form a bun behind her face. With black stilettos on her two feet to complete the look, she was absolutely breathtaking. Mrs Ekehinde, Mrs Ekeh for short, is one of the most beautiful and interesting teachers in GCH. She has been in this school for as long as I can remember. She even got married to the son of one of the shareholders of the school.

Don't ask me how I know. My uncle is actually the Principal of the school, that gives me first-hand knowledge of all the things happening in this school. But that's by the way.

Once she was done calling out the subjects according to days we would be writing them, she told us that some extra copies of the timetable would be made and pasted in the various notice boards in the school compound. She never failed to mention that anyone interested in a personal copy should indicate and have it photocopied in the computer class, with money attached of course.
What would Naija do without extra charge applied.