Part Eleven (Drama at Smark Mini Mall)

Part Nine (Drama at Smark Mini Mall)

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Peace's POV

Thank God, that this is the midterm break. I'm always so busy these days that if it were during school days, I don't know how I would have handled all of them.

"Peace!, Peace!! OO!!"

"Yes Mummy, I'm coming," I replied wiping my soapy hands on my black skirt. I skittered into the passageway
and met my mother in the sitting room, she was bent on her stomach writing down something on a piece of paper.

 "Yes mum_" I replied to get her attention.

 "Oh yes. Ihunanya I need you to get some things from the market for me," she said referring to me by my native name still scribbling.

"Here, take the list. I don't want to hear I forgot that's why I wrote them down here for you. Please come back quickly so you can help me prepare the food."

"Ah ah_" I started to complain but stopped myself, knowing how my mother could get when she's been upset.

"What?"

"But mommy, you know I have to meet with my classmates today so that we can discuss about our project."  I told her.

"I know and that is why I told you to come back quickly, it won't take time." I definitely knew my mother would take my time but there's nothing I can do, it's the pain of being an only daughter. I just have to be quick so I can get there on time.

I hurriedly completed the laundry and took my bath. Hours later, mom and I were done with the food, and I was set free. I called Bella and she said that the venue for our meeting is at Smark mini mall, I didn't know the place and she had offered to drop by my street and give me a ride, I needed to be ready before she arrived.

Thankfully no one else in the compound needed to use the bathroom because it's a public bathroom, so I took my time to dress up. I wore a plain royal blue gown that stopped right after my knee, not too long nor short and then white sandals to match with the white bandana I had used to hold my short black virgin-hair.

I needed to look presentable because I'm certain my group members will, considering Daphne's the group leader.

  Notepad √
  Biro√
English textbook √
Phone √

I put them all into my bag and headed  towards Baba's kiosk where I told Bella I would be waiting for her. Very soon she arrived with a cab, I got in and he drove off.

.......

Daphne's POV

"I like this one better."

"Me too. Add it with the others." I told the shop attendant, a slim average height lady wearing black hoodie, brown trousers with black sneakers.

Right now, I'm at Smark mini mall doing some shopping. I also called and told my group members that the meeting would take place here, well at first they disagreed but later when none of them could come up with a better place, they had to agree.

"Okay then, can you please take them to the counter, I have to take this call," I smiled sweetly to the girl carrying the shopping bag and pulled out my phone from my pocket.

  " Yes_" I spoke curtly to the caller.

"My goodness Daph, where...are you?" Adams' voice sounded from the speaker. 
I could have sworn he almost said 'where the hell..'

"I'm close by, what is it?"

"Oh please drop the act, can you come to the bookstore section let's get this over with, I have somewhere else to be."

"Alright, lemme round off things here." I quickly ended the call, he is starting to get on my nerves.

I paid my bills and headed towards the bookstore section as that is where I told my group members we would meet. I spotted Adams and Johnson seated on one of the benches in the library (left wing of the bookstore), and walked over. Adams is wearing black denim jeans with a white Adidas imprinted pullover and black shoe. He really looks impressive btw.

" So..? Where are the others? As far as I know I'm not the only female."

 "Who are you asking, didn't you see us here." Johnson said, more like whispered. Except I heard the words clearly.

"Hey, do you want to say something?" I boldly asked him,a trait he finds difficult to do.

"Hmm...no" He replied loudly this time.

  "Look I'll just flash Bella's number." Adams said swiping through his android while I rolled my eyes. All this effort for just twenty marks.

 Five minutes later, the holy girl and the foreigner arrived.

  "Gosh! You know you guys should have just waited for us at a venue that will be easier to locate?" the foreigner replied.
    Sorry, but I just can't refer to her by her name.

 "It's already bad enough that you made a grand entry, now could you please stop with all the bossy attitude," I remarked.

  Her eyebrows perked up in surprise,
  "Well, if I wanted a grand entrance you'd have gotten more than this. And then again about pot calling kettle black, we all know the one with the bossy attitude here." She retorted.

  "Girls please..." Adams pleads but I'm not going to back down especially not to someone like her.

  "Listen, I don't even care what you call yourself, you don't come here and try to correct anyone or tell us how to act, keep your too-good-self  to yourself."

She scoffs after I'm done talking.

The exchange of words continued for a time and Adams got tired because he stood up and walked out. I became surprised that no one has walked up to us requesting that we leave and then I realized that we were actually speaking in low voices.

  "You know Bella, you should not have come late. You guys arrived thirty minutes later than the agreed time." Johnson spoke up for the first time since the bickering.

"Well if she didn't fix the venue at some large mall, which by the way some of us aren't familiar with, we may have gotten here on time." She told Johnson who faced towards me.

''You know she's right Daph, a mall isn't the ideal place for a group project_"

"Then why do you think I chose the library section. It's not my fault you guys are old-fashioned, I needed to get some personal things from the mall." I  deadpanned.

"Oh so you decided to kill two birds with one stone, by making things difficult for the rest of us?"

 "I don't knowooo." Johnson drawled, murmuring again and it irked me so I reacted in the worst way possible.

  "You know you better mind your business, you always like involving yourself in feminine affairs. You effeminate fool!" A small gasp escaped Peace's lips and Johnson's face dropped.

 "Maybe I should go home," He picked up his bag and walked off.

Bella left after him and only Peace stayed behind, I don't know why she did cause I'm definitely not in the mood for that project anymore.

 Gosh, today's definitely a drama. I wished someone was around to capture the moment.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°°•°•

Please ask away your questions, I'll be willing to answer.
  Vote, comment and do share & recommend.

You can also follow me here and on INSTAGRAM @Amyirechi, I'll follow back but you have to tell me 😉.

Yours sincerely,
Amyirechi🌸