Part Thirty-Three (The trouble continues)

Part Thirty-Three

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Coming back to Nigeria didn't really make me happy but I knew that I had to eventually. Spending the holidays in Cameroon with my mom was one of the best times of my current life. Those days served as a break from all the headaches that have been troubling me.

True to dad's words, he had bought a plane ticket to Cameroon for me as soon as Daphne and Miss Angela left our house. I couldn't be more grateful at that. I left the house on the twenty-seventh day of December last year, after Mirian left for her hometown on the Twenty-sixth, I travelled alone as usual because my dad would surely not come with me. He has no business in Cameroon any longer, it was just me and my mom.

When I arrived at the airport, the joy I felt seeing my mother again after four months knew no bounds. We spent a lot of quality bonding time doing so many things, from baking and cooking, to sewing, cleaning and shopping. Well just like me, my mother was very a lively and jolly person. Whenever we had a dance contest against each other, she always let me win even though we both knew she was a better dancer. I lived in the bubble I created for myself, temporarily forgetting about the life I had in Nigeria.

As the saying goes; that all things must come to an end, so did the holidays. I knew that I had to say goodbye to mom and return to Nigeria to complete the external exams. As much I would love to stay back with mom, especially now that she needs me more than ever, I couldn't. She had insisted that I come to Nigeria and make my future a better one. She also made me promise not to tell my dad about her predicament, as she wouldn't want anything to come in the way of our happiness. What about her happiness; I always thought, but knowing my mother, she would never want people's pity or attention, she's independent to a fault.
For her peace of mind, I made the promise to not tell my dad what I found out during my stay here, in return that she made sure to get medical help.

If I only knew that this was what would be of my mom once I left Cameroon, I would never have made the decision to go with my dad. And so, the enthusiasm I felt when leaving for Cameroon wasn't the same as I felt when I returned to Nigeria. I've already been absent in school for one week since resumption because of the holidays with my mother, but thankfully my classmates haven't done much academically. I've been catching up on all I missed from Somto's and Wunmi's notes. 

I usually write the notes in class and not the library so I wouldn't be bored to sleep, and today was no different. But if I had the idea that something drastic would happen while I was busy with my notes, I would have just gone to the library instead.

I was busy completing my notes and at same time, trying to listen to the conversation between Peter Dare and Tibiebi Wunmi. It was no secret that they two of them definitely had something going on, despite them trying so hard to pretend that there's nothing. He was whispering something only she could fully understand and she's been goofing off at whatever he was telling her. I on the other hand, strained my hearing abilities so I could grab whatever they were saying, but to no avail.