Part Nine ( Projects II)

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Bella's POV

  When Mrs Ekehinde asked the class prefects the number of students in each class, they both rallied to get their class lists.

  "42 ma'am" Ernest replied looking from his list.
  "Ok, and what of class B,  Beauty..?" She asked when she couldn't find her in the class.

  "She went to get the class list", some students replied in unison.
  Some minutes later, she returned to the her seat and gave Mrs Ekehinde our class list saying " We're 38 ".

   I've always had a feeling that the A class were greater in number than B but today I've really confirmed.
Mrs Ekehinde continued with her mission, which by the way, I'm so intrigued about.

  " Class A is 42 in number and class B is 38, so together the entire class is 80. I'm not going to segregate between you guys, I'd place you in groups with members from both classes as you both still remain the same class. I'm going to make it three students per group, so someone should divide for us. Tell us how many groups would come of it ".

And then those with calculator started punching, while the brainy ones solved on their lockers or on thin air.

  " 26.66..." a boy's voice rang out.
"Oh no, that's too much, how about 80 divided by 5?" She asked again and they began calculating again.

  "16".
"16 is better. So if I group you guys five persons per group, it'll turn out to be 16 groups. So let's get started".
  Everyone got excited and lowered their voices so that what she's saying could be heard clearly.

After awhile, I heard my name.

   " Bella Esan, Anyanwu Johnson, Okoro Daphne, Ajike Peace and Oshobole Adams. You're all members of group seven ". Mrs Ekehinde announced.

Like what the freaking hell...
I know that my group is actually a great mixture but grouped together with Daphne, gosh, that's unbelievable. I'm sure my friends will taunt me for this.
Not like I had much in the way of friends, but the most I have, know about my intolerable attitude towards Daphne, I mean the girl's got a habit.
  But I can't voice out my opinion though, others may think it childish of me.  I look towards her direction and find her seething with anger. 

  This is the beginning of a rollercoaster,  my subconscious mind told me.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Deborah's POV

This is great,  Daphne and Bella in a group. Oh boy... I really pity others who are members of their group, I mean I even pity Daphne above the others. No one who she'd normally refer to as 'being in her class' , is a member of her group.
There's Johnson who behaves more like a girl than a guy, Peace, the most righteous, Adams who doesn't even give a hoot and then Bells, whom everyone thinks is in competition with Daphne.

  I don't know whether to say that Mrs Ekehinde has made a big mistake or if she has done a good job. Almost half the class seem intrigued and entertained about Daphne's group and even I can't wait for the drama to unfold.

   Mrs Ekehinde continued and I wasn't even paying attention until Nnenna's name was called out.

"..., Njemanze Nnenna, Joseph Yewande, Adeleke David and Danjuma Hassan you all are in group nine" she said while adjusting her spectacles ( yea, she uses them).
I definitely couldn't believe my ears to think that Daphne's group was intriguing, this is way cooler. Although I must admit, I wish I'm in Nnenna's or Yewande's place. I couldn't hear the first name the teacher called but I bet nonetheless, it'll be fun.

  I just have this jinxed feeling towards Hassan, I'm in between hating and liking him. I have a score to settle with him and until that happens, I don't think I can ever understand anything when it comes to him.

  Our teacher continued calling out the names until I heard mine, " Dimuno Deborah, Ojo Chidera, Adeleke Jude, Goodluck Princewill, Anyaele Chioma, members of group thirteen ".

Oh my , I think in a way, I'm in same boat as Daphne. None of the people I'm close to or associate with were grouped with me.

Dinma was grouped with Sarah and Ummah and others. I really feel so sad, now I understand how Daphne feels. Unluckily for her, Timmi was put together with Bisi (Daphne's cartel) in group five.

When everyone has gotten a group and partners, she went further to give us instructions.

       " Listen all of you, as you all noticed I did not mention any name as the leader of any group, I believe you guys are mature enough to do that yourselves. I'll assign each group to a topic, you're to research and learn more about that topic, if possible, make a little presentation so that it'll be easier for others to remember. After all, it is said that what you see you remember easily than what you hear. So since time is against us, I'll leave you guys to get to know your group members, there's just little time left before this period is over.  When each group has come up with a suitable leader, then bring to me your group members' names and group number so I'll have a copy and I'll also assign you the topics easily. This should be done during break time, okay? " she asked as she picked up her note from the table and placed her spectacles back into its' case.

"Yes ma " we replied her in unison.

After she left, some people started calling out their group numbers so that their partners can identify.
Honestly, this is going to be one heck of a midterm break..

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Please vote, comment and share
Let love lead 💞💞💞  

Yours sincerely,
Amyirechi🌸
Pls follow my account and add this book to your library for updates.
Also recommend and share this interesting Nigerian novel with your friends, let's
build a big All of Us family 💞💞💞