Part Twenty-eight (Ghost of Christmas past)

Part Twenty eight

David's POV

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

As stupid as I was, I listened to Ifeanyi and believed him when he told me that Nnenna is feeling something for me; that made me come up with a plan to ascertain if what he said was true or not. For days, I practically begged and pleaded with her to go on a date with me; each time she always had an excuse as to why she couldn't. Today, I wasn't going to take no for an answer. I'll ask permission from her mother if need be, but I have a feeling she won't let it come to that.

I called her earlier this morning to let her know that I would be at her house in two hours, I remembered that she told me her family won't be travelling for Christmas this year. My dad; stepdad to be precise, mentioned early this December that we would be going to the village once our exams are over. I didn't want that so I reminded him of my upcoming exams, I told him that I still have to study farther and thankfully he agreed to let me and my mom stay home until 25th. I was so happy when he and Ikenna left for the village, that stepbrother of mine has recently become a pain in my life; and so has his father.

I couldn't wait to meet Nnenna today, I hoped she has been expecting me too. After enjoying few hours of rest, I decided to dress up for the outing. While tucking my briefs inside the denim jeans trouser I was wearing, I heard the ‘ding’ notification sound from my phone so I picked it up from the bed. It was a message from Hassan;

BHH: Hey you're up for shopping today?

Me: Ehh, why ask?

BHH: You never go straight to the answer do you. Anyways I'm on shopping duty today so I wanted to know if you can come with me(^^)

Me: I'm supposed to...

I was going to send that message but deleted it on second thoughts. Hassan is still very close to Nnenna and I haven't been able to find out what relationship they share so I can't let him know that I planned a date with her. I had to make a new plan.

Me: Okay I'm in and I'm bringing a friend. Think you can sponsor us?

BHH: No problem dude, just get your ass here or I'm coming to your house.

I was almost ready, there's no need for him to come here. I'll leave immediately for Nnenna's house and then we can both head to his house.

Me: Don't worry, I'll be there in one hour.

BHH: Ok

I dropped my phone back on the bed and started to comb my hair, I sprayed my favorite Tony Montana perfume and took my duffel bag from the rack. I hung the bag on my shoulder and made my way out of the room, there was no one else at home so I locked the main door after I left and hid the key in the flower vase beside the window so mother could find it if she gets home before me.

...

Four hours later, Hassan, Nnenna and I were walking down the rows of Priceless stores; selecting things off the shelves that were ranging from cooking ingredients to laundry materials. Nnenna looked really classy and sexy all at once; in the red body-fitting gown with white sandals she was wearing. I couldn't tell if Hassan was shocked or sad to see that I brought her with me, but his expression hasn't been telling me anything. I want to know if what I'm thinking about them is true. I'm not one to go after a friend's girl, I'm only waiting for him to give me a sign or tell it to my face that he wants to go after her.

We helped Hassan in making the right choices, especially with the ingredients. So in appreciation, he decided to treat us to pizza. We got ourselves a table and placed our orders. We were having a good time until I got the shock of my life. Standing at the entrance was none other than Precious Nduka; my first and ex girlfriend. When I proposed to her and she accepted to be my girlfriend two years ago, that was one of the happiest days in my life. I never knew that something that made me feel on top of the world would return to cause me to hide my face in shame.

Precious Nduka was a person anyone would refer to as the goddess of beauty. She's fair in complexion. A radiant, round face that housed white teeth with diastema whenever she smiled. She's slim and doesn't really have a great body shape, but her very long, black smooth hair and round bulging eyes could hypnotize any guy. When I was with her, she never spoke much. Her actions told you what she wanted; and that was what was dangerous about her. A sign of danger which I blatantly ignored.

     .... "Hey, what's your name?" I asked the smallish girl seated beside me in Sunday school, during teaching session. I've always admired her every Sunday that I saw her in church. She's a quiet, beautiful and neat girl.

I know that I am still too young, still in JSS3 and that I shouldn't be thinking this way about her, but I haven't been able to stop myself. I daydream about her during preaching hours, after service, in school and even during bedtimes. It was becoming pathetic.

"My name's Precious." She replied in sonorous voice. Oh! What joy filled my heart that she didn't give me the cold shoulder because I was determined to make her my friend.
I got her engaged into a small discussion and we kicked off really good. We continued talking and exchanging stories each Sunday, during rehearsals or short breaks; and my happiness knew no bounds when she told me that she was going to be enrolled in my school.'

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
   Thank you guys so much for reading and voting and commenting on my book, my joy knows no bounds when you do that.

I'd like to give a shout out to PreciousIgbinosa
thanks for the love on this book. I would give another update soon... fingers crossed and then a short question for you guys so try to be alerted on the next update.
We're almost at 10k reads guys 🤦 I feel loved. Never stop showing your love and support for 'DBF'; you guys are the real drama.♥♡♡.

Remain blessed as you drop a comment and a vote. Check out my new book titled 'THE SHAM BRIDE'.