Part Twenty-four (Love twisangle)

Part Twenty-four

David's POV

I'm currently in Oceans Hotel with few of my friends from school and from Lytton High who have all come to celebrate Adeniyi's birthday. Adeniyi a dark skin, average height with slightly deformed head structure is the star goalkeeper at Lytton High and the only child of his parents. His dad is one of the influential politicians in the state, that's why he's attitude is so sickening.

I think the reason everyone tolerates him is because of his predicament. Adeniyi was born with Chiari Malformation, due to this fact no one pushes his patience too far or imposes any tasks on him. He was only allowed to participate in football games because he insisted and also of the influence his father has but he's a great goalkeeper.
He had some problems and lapses during his early days in the game but with medication and monitoring, he's performing as good as any normal person would.

Chikadibia, Adeniyi's girlfriend is also at the party. Dressed in short sequin green coloured dress with nude heels, she helped her boyfriend with the collar of his baggy flowered shirt. Chika with an athletic body to die for is also very beautiful, displaying her diastema whenever she smiled and showing her white teeth that was a perfect match for her glowing ebony skin.

Since it was a pool party, the boys were dressed in the it sense. But I think the girls hardly understand the theme of any party, they must dress to impress on every occasion. Out of ten different girls I've noticed in this party, only two were brave enough to put on swimsuit, I guess others didn't own one or are ashamed of their body.

"Guy have you seen Linda?" Kenneth who was standing beside me whispered, circling the rim of his plastic cup with the tip of forefinger.

"Which Linda?" I wasn't really interested in what he wanted to say.

"How many Linda wey u know dey GCH? The same Linda naa...wey Sir Chisom call seductress," He explained in vernacular. (How many Linda do you know in GCH? The same Linda that Sir Chisom called a seductress).

I opened my mouth wide in shock, "Wey she dey?" (Where's she?).

He pointed at a corner close to the pool, then I saw her. She was dressed in tight, body clinging transparent orange blouse and black shorts with black converse, talking with a group of other guys. Linda was a popular topic in GCH, she had a habit of getting into notorious activities with different boys adding to the fact that she uses her well endowed ass to her advantage. She's one of the most indecently dressed girls in GCH thereby earning her the name Seductress.

"The girl get serious matter oo. I wonder which kan house she commot from, nawaoo." He shrugged in disgust.

I smiled in response to what he said but not because I agree with him, it's actually because I know why he's disgusted with her behaviour. Kenneth has tried on various occasions to claim Linda as his and he's failed each time. He felt humiliated by her rejection but that hasn't stopped him from telling everyone who cares to hear that she's a cheap whore.

After a while he left me all alone so he could mingle with the few groups scattered around. I wasn't really enjoying the vibe of this party, Adeniyi invited a lot of his friends and a lot of his friends meant, people like him. Egoistic, arrogant and neat freaks surrounded every corner of the pool area, making me completely uncomfortable. I really wished Hassan was around, I went to his house first but it was locked. Then I remembered today was Friday, they must have gone to the mosque.

The relationship between us have been improving with time, slowly but surely. Since we had the confrontation in the library we've kept things quite cool for now. I'm truly glad to have my buddy back, now let's see who's gonna mess with us.

"So guy you're even here?" Ifeanyi asked. In case you don't remember, Ifeanyi was a classmate of mine who reminded me about the dare I made to woo Nnenna. Any talk of a party that gets into the walls of GCH must reach his ears and he must attend. The short light skin guy is such a party goer and flirts around shamelessly.

"What do you mean, am I not supposed to be?" I inquired.

"Not at all, I meant you must be a busy man now that you're keeping two beautiful girls company." He smirked and I sure as hell wanted to punch his face.

"Can you get straight to the point please." I was getting irritated now. I've been on my own since I arrived at this hotel and he had the nerve to imply that I'm keeping girls company.

"Okay, I know you managed to win the game by succeeding in the challenge to woo Nnenna but I never knew you were going to turn the situation into a love triangle...tsk tsk tsk!" He smiled widely this time.

"What are you saying?" I was still confused about what he was saying but I'm also finding it funny, I tried so hard to stop myself from laughing.

He cocked his head to one side and wriggled his eyebrows. He then opened the Schweppes can he was holding and took a sip of the drink.
"Don't you know or are you pretending to be ignorant? Did you not notice how Nnenna's countenance changed when you left to dance with Daphne. She even saw the both of you smiling so foolishly while dancing at the school party."

Nnenna saw us dancing, yes that's possible because she could have decided to come in and watch but to be sad, that's something I'm not going to believe.

"And where were you to know that?"

"Ha! Adams told me naa and I even saw him at the dance floor later that day that's how I know." He hissed and continued to sip his drink slowly.

I zoned out on whatever else he was blabbing, I thought instead about how possible it is that Nnenna is into me. I went ahead with the challenge because I thought she was into Hassan and needed to prove that I'm better. I never knew she'd like really fall for me but there's only one way to find out. I'm going to continue with my plans of wooing her.

I like Daphne but as a best friend, I don't see myself getting into a relationship soon. Not after what I endured to get over my first heartbreak.

°•°•°•°•°•°•

Ohhh David has been in a relationship before, why didn't we figure that out. It seems Nnenna isn't off the hook yet and guess what... Daphne's in the circle too.

I know I said I would upload a new chapter on Saturday but I was so overjoyed at 4K reads that I had to say thank you guys.
New and better chapters coming up...no joke this time 🙅.

Shout out to Smiley0160 and Toyyeebah for all the love they've shown on this book.
If I start mentioning names, I'd miss out on many so I'll take them one at a time.

Thanks also to Ace_Goodness for giving this book a shout out on her WhatsApp status