Part 27

At night, Sameer and Naina were relaxing their backs on the head rest of the bed, post dinner. Both were staring up at the ceiling completely knowing each other's condition right now.

Naina had so many apprehensions. Swati's past was revealed, she was safe from her cruel fate now. But what next? How will everything run now onwards?

Sameer was no less disturbed. He was continuously thinking of Munna's situation right now. What was he going through all these days? How he was dealing with each and every hurdle every time?

He remembered, when Munna had called him after so many days in Mumbai, his voice over the phone was so down and without energy. He sensed that he was lonely but his thinking never propped out of his throat anytime. He did not bother to ask Munna all these things again. Sameer felt so low right now. He time and again spoke ill to himself, as he could never get to his friends' pain and sacrifices all these years.

He gave out a sigh and rubbed his face turning to see Naina. She was also lost somewhere. He slowly kept his hand on Naina's. She turned her head to her left slowly when he spoke, ''kya soch rahi ho?''

Naina replied immediately with a calm voice,  ''wahi jo tum soch rahe ho...'' Sameer gave a knowing nod. Naina turned towards him and took his hand into her warm ones. She looked up into his eyes and spoke softly, ''main jaanti hun Sameer...iss waqt tum kya soch rahe ho...par humare doston ke saath jo bhi hua itne din...iska kusurwaar khud ko thehrake kuch haasil nahi hoga ab...ye baat tum bhi jaante ho...''

He pursed his lips and gave a nod. She continued again, ''maana ki humne der kar di...par baatein saamne aa rahi hai dheere dheere...hume saari kadiyon ko ek saath jodna hoga...main kab se soche jaa rahu hun ki...aage hum sab ki life mein kya mod aane wala hai...hum saare doston ne bohot kuch jhela hai...aaj se hi nahi...bohot pehle se...maana ki pehle waali ladai mein hum aage nikal aaye...kyunki ek dusre kaa sath tha...humare apnon ka saath tha...humare doston ka saath tha...to jab ab unki baari aayi...ye soch soch ke ki tum unki iss haalat ke zimmedar the, unki madad karnese daroge?''

Sameer joined his eyebrows together in confusion and disbelief same time. But he spoke in a low volume, ''kaisi baatein kar rahi ho Naina...unke liye jo ban padega...main wo sab kuch karunga...''

Naina smiled rubbing her thumbs slowly to his hand, ''mujhe pata hai Sameer...par iss baat ko hum pakad ke to nahi baith sakte na ki hum unke liye kuch kar nahi paaye pehle...ab jaake jab bhagwaan ne hume mauka diya hai to khusi khusi lete hai na...''

Finally Sameer's mind cleared a little. It was true. Whatever happened was past. He decided to let bygones be bygones. Now it was the time to create 'present' for a shapely 'future' for all six of them.

Sameer smiled wide in his thoughts. Naina's lips also curved up as she understood that he had started to sink in the happenings from today's morning.

But one thing was obvious right know. The past chapters of one person was yet to be unfold. Today, they had left him seeing Pandit's condition. It would not be the right time. So, they decided it to keep it for tomorrow's 'to do'.

Naina wriggled to his side, closing the gap side ways to hide in his embrace. He was more than welcoming. When she felt his right hand rubbing her right shoulder, she smiled profusely near his chest.

When she looked up slowly after minutes, he was already looking into her eyes. He came down to touch his forehead to hers, and murmured fanning his hot breath to her face, ''I love you...sabse zyada...''

She could not stop herself now. She cupped his cheek with her right palm, slowly coming towards him eyeing his lips. She sucked the corner of his lips slowly, testing his patience. She was so slow, torturing him more. He had closed  his eyes and his grip on her shoulder tightened. She smiled at her effect on him brushing her lips with his. She slowly tried to roll her tongue over his soft yet rough petals.