Part 61

A little bit longer update than usual ones. ❤❤

"Ab apno bharoso hai. Par ye kaali juban ko koni. Thode din apne ghar se dur ke chali gayi, ghar ka toh saara huliyo hi badal gayo. Na matlab, jo tanne karna hai karna, par jab tak main jinda hun, tab tak jo main kahungi wo hi hovego. Samjhi na?" Preeti had been listening to her mother-in-law's complaints since the morning time. She had placed objections on many useless things since the time Preeti woke up. The utensils were not in the same place it used to be. The most unpleasant curtains according to Nirmala aunty was being used by Preeti. She had explained that, she had to use those as the previous ones were dirty and she had to wash them away.

Even Samar's schooling was at stake. Preeti had scrunched her nose and rolled her eyes on this. Whatever she did was for their living right? And what was wrong in it? And what was wrong if Samar had started to go to school in such younger age? It was good for him anyways. But Preeti as always had taken out a way for it too. She anyhow convinced her MIL to let Samar complete at least his this month in school as fees had already been provided to them. And, Nirmala aunty would never let money to be wasted. At least now. Preeti sighed a relief. But after Sameer took Samar and Suman to school, Preeti had explained him everything that happened yesterday night and assured him that she was still trying to convince her MIL. Sameer had again showed his and all their faith in Preeti, that whatever she was doing was right. Afterall, nothing was wrong in it. He left promising that he will convey everything to Naina and others.

When these all got cleared, Nirmala aunty had other round of objections for Preeti. However, she hadn't been to her parlour today as instructed by her MIL but it was not that she could escape her mother-in-law's scolding. The same illogical and stupid topics came to her. Preeti silently listened and did as per instructed by her MIL. She knew, it was good if she kept quiet now. But she had to find out a way...very soon.

Late afternoon, when she was busy with the grains, Nirmala aunty was resting in her room after doing a lot of work according to her. But, Preeti could not deny. What a tragedy. She spoke to herself seated near the sofa, "Ye achha hai. Ise kehte hain, khaya piya kuchh nahi glass toda 12 aana. Matlab jitna marzi chahe maine iss ghar ko sambhala ho mummy ji ki gairmaujudgi mein, inko phir bhi lagta hai saaman yahan se waha hua hai. Ab batao ye bhi kya baat hui?"

She continued, "Samar ke schooling ke baare mein toh mana hi liya maine mummy ji ko. Iss mahine ke baad toh waise bhi khatam hi ho jaayega session, aur ab March April se naya session suru hojaayega, tab toh mummy ji bhi kuchh keh nahi paayengi. Lekin agar aisehi ghar mein baithke daane chunti rahi toh ghar kaise chalega? Mummy ji ko kaun samjhaye ab?" Preeti frequently questioned and answered her questions herself. The level of frustration and helplessness she felt was immeasurable right now.

"Ke badbada rahi hai akele akele?" Nirmala aunty stood behind her, pouring the water into the glass.

Preeti forced a broad smile, "Kuchh nahi mummy ji. Aapke hote huye main kahan kuchh keh sakti hun?" The line she spoke now, reminded her of her taiji when she used to get scolded by Phulla bua. Preeti spoke in her mind scrunching her nose time and again, "kya kismat hai. Yaad bhi kiski aa rahi hai? Taiji ki? Waise bhi, ye taiji se kam hain kya?"

"Haan haan thik hai. Ye sab ho jaaye toh jagah pe rakh dena tu." Nirmala aunty ordered again and went towards the kitchen as her daughter and their family were to arrive here soon.

Preeti ducked down to collect some grains that were last left on the ground when two more hands came near her, doing the same what she was doing. Her head shot up in reflex and eyes tend to pop out when she saw Pandit seeing her with a smile on his lips. She hurriedly got up took his hand pulling him away from the kitchen door, "Tu yahan kya kar raha hai? Aur yahan aaya kyun? Tujhe pata hai na mummy ji ko tera ya mere kisi bhi dost ka yahan aana nahi pasand toh kyun aaya? Dekh, isse pehle ki unhe kuchh bhi pata chal jaaye yahan se chala jaa." Preeti spoke non-stop without letting Pandit to explain why he was here.