Part 8

Naina came out of the kitchen dusting her hands with Swati and said, "kitchen ka kaam to khatam ho hi gaya......tum logon ka hogaya kya?....."

Sameer also stood up after putting the book on the cabinet down and exclaimed happily, "haan haan Naina yahan ka bhi hogaya......ab chote mote chizein hain ye to in donon ko khud hi karna padega......kya kahan rakhna hai......bhai karlega na ab?...."Sameer asked eyeing Pandit. Swati asuured, "haan haan Sameer....bohot madad hogayi humari.....baki ka hum log khud hi dekh lenge....."

Pandit said thanking Sameer, "haan yaar tum log nahi hote to hum donon akele manage nahi kar paate......thanks......" Sameer's mood shifted to the angry glare looking at Pandit. Pandit gulped seeing his angry face. Swati and Munna also couldn't understand why Sameer was being indignant without any reason. But, Naina opposite of all was standing with a smile on her face. Pandit, Munna and Swati all looked with a confused face towards her. Swati asked her raising her head.

Naina answered amidst her laugh, "agar tum log pitna nahi chahte to chup chap chalo niche......agar ab ek aur thank you bola na to sach mein yahin samaadhi ban jaaegi tum logon ki.....chalo...Preeti akele hi sab ka khaana bana rahi hai.....khana bhi khaana hai aur bhi bohot saare kaam hai......" Sameer laughed and encircled his hand on Pandit's shoulder. He took a sigh of relief and laughed along with him.

Everyone took exit from the house. Naina and Swati walked forward talking, "Swati dopahar ko sabzi wagera lelena.....to raat ke khane mein koi dikkat nahi hogi.....warna ek kaam kar, aaj bhi humare yahan hi khale....." Swati smiled at her concern and said, "nahi nahi Naina......itna bataya tune wahi kaafi hai....raat ka khaana main dekh lungi....." Naina also smiled and nodded.

Munna was descending down the stairs behind them holding Aarav without paying attention to his steps. He was engrossed in his deep thoughts about why Swati was staying with Pandit? She could have stayed with Naina too. Maybe she did not want to give a burden to them. Yes, may be this was the reason. But he also wondered how her husband could stay so silent listening that his wife was staying with some other men. Yes, Pandit was a gentleman. He considered Swati as his sister but the abrupt change in the nature of her husband was absolutely unreal. He also could not ask Swati directly. He knew Swati would not answer his question straight. Rather, she would weave her own question and throw at him. And, he also was not able to retort to her questions right now. So, he remained quiet. He assured himself, as he knew, if Pandit was with Swati, nothing bad could touch her. And, Naina, Sameer and Preeti staying in the same society was cherry on the top of the cake.

Weaving his chain of thoughts, his feet got entangled on the last stair and his leg slipped out of nowhere. He was about to fall when Swati turned at the right time and caught Aarav in her arms. Whereas, Munna was caught by Sameer and Pandit by his arms on the either side.

Swati hugged the child tight to her chest with a scared look on her face with widened eyes. Sameer shouted on Munna for his carelessness, "kaise chal raha hai Munna....dhyan kahan hai tera....."

Pandit also joined along, "aur nahi to kya yaar....agar Swati ne sahi waqt par Aarav ko pakad nahi liya hota to aaj kya hojaata....."

Naina also added in a scared tone, "Munna dhyaan se chalna chahiye tha na tujhe......ek chhota sa bachha tha tere haath mein.....use kuch hojaata to......"

Munna came out of his friends' hold and went up to his son hurriedly who was crying in Swati's arms. Swati was trying to make him quiet. He checked whether he was hurt or not. There was no mark on his body but due to the sudden jerk, he had started to cry.

He spoke looking to his crying child, "mere bachhe maaf karde mujhe.....papa ko maaf karde.....sorry beta sorry...." Munna tried to take him in his arms. Swati also forwarded her arms. But the little child refused to come to him. He clutched Swati's mangalsutra tightly in his tiny hands not wanting to look up to anything for now. He was crying badly burying himself to Swati chest. Swati shook the child slowly and stroked his head to stop his cry.