Part 23

Pandit controlled his excitement and spoke with a low voice sitting besides Swati, "main tujhe samjhata hun....pehle inko yahan se bhejna hoga......" He then turned to Mr. Sinha who was leaning to listen their talks but straightened himself as soon as Pandit's gaze fell on him. Pandit forcefully gave out a laugh to Mr. Sinha and he also repeated the same.

Swati looked at both of them and made an irritated face rolling her eyes. What were they upto? She nudged Pandit by smacking on his arm lightly so that he could stop his stupid act. He looked at her and she sat as if she had not done anything.

His mouth opened in realization, confusing the lawyer more. He again turned to Mr. Sinha and spoke sounding normal, "aann.....Sinha sahab...main aapse kal aapke office aake milunga....fir aapko saari baatein batata hun....." He also simply nodded but again gave the expression of sceptism and left.

"Ab mujhe bata......kya kar sakta hai bachcha?.....aur pagal kutte ne kata hai tujhe jo aise uchhal raha tha....." Swati shouted on him restlessness as soon as the lawyer left. "arey shannt hojaa....batata hun.....kaan laa....." Pandit spoke.

She obliged and he spoke something in her ear. She widened her eyes gradually as he continued explaining her, his plan. "Haina?....kya bolti hai?...." he asked clicking his finger in front of her face.

Swati thought indeed it was a good and strong proof. But what if her husband ruins this plan also? She only had this fear left. She tried to ask the same thing to Pandit but he stopped her and said, "pata hai pata hai...tu aisa hi soch rahi hai na ki tera pati iss baat mein bhi taang na adade....." She nodded her head positively.

"Aisa kuchh nahi hoga.....uska dimaag yahan tak pohonch hi nahi sakta......wo sirf tujhe kaise nicha dikha ke apne paas laake tujhe khud ke hisab se saza de...iss firaat mein hai....isiliye mujhe lagta hai ki wo yahan tak nahi soch paayega...." Pandit assured.

Swati was still not sure but however agreed to give this a try. "Thik hai....to main pehle Police station jaata hun....fir wahin se udhar chala jaaunga.....Police ko dekhke to wo log jhut bhi nahi bol paayenge.....aur phir kal yahi baat Sinha ji ko bataunga.....phir to tere pati ko koi bhi nahi bacha paayega...." He spoke with a smirk and was about to take his bike keys when Swati spoke standing at her place, "main bhi chalti hun.....ruk...."

"nahi tu bikul nahi aayegi......main jaa raha hun.....tu aaram karle please.....aur thodi thodi der mein kuch na kuch khate rehna....." Pandit ordered. She again wanted to speak but he did not let her to, "please Swati...." He requested and she did not argue more on it.

When he was out of sight, she thought to herself narrowing her eyebrows, "ye kab se sirf mujhe khane ke liye hi kahe jaa raha hai.....pata nahi pagal hogaya hai sayad..."

When Pandit came back in the late evening, the rest of all took a sigh of relief listening that the work he went for was done. Now, only the left task was talking to the lawyer. The next day, Pandit and his father went to him and explained the whole situation. He also got some tension free expressions on his face when he came to know about Shekhar and his family's deeds. Now, tomorrow, definitely he would be behind the bars.

The D-day arrived. Pandit and family were really excited for today. Swati was so so grateful to them. They stood always with her, whatever being the condition. She always repeated the same thing in her mind.

The last two days were good for them besides the fact that his supermarket was on the mouth of closure. The products were really not being sold. They were unable to balance the sales and expenditure. And, on the top of that, Pandit was also not able to concentrate on it. His every attention was shifted to one and only Swati's case.