Part 64

Preeti, Pandit and Swati along with the kids were standing at the ice cream parlour. Preeti, minding that the children were not eating ice cream more than needed, that was what Naina had instructed too, was carefully watching the toddlers who were having their ice creams in unmannered way.

Preeti spoke a known statement, "Hmm...Maalum hi tha mujhe. Ghar jaake bas mera aur Naina ka kaam badhne waala hai. Inke kapde toh dekho, khud se zyada apne kapdon ko khila rakha hai inhone. Bitte bhar ke hain, par phir bhi cone waali icecream khaani hai wo bhi khud se."

The children as if ignoring their elders scolding, concentrated on ice creams more than surrounding.

Preeti rolled her eyes in annoyance, "Inko toh kisiki padi hi nahi hai."

Pandit and Swati laughed glancing at each other, seeing the cute scenario in front of them. Preeti looked up after some time and enquired Swati paying the ice cream bill, "Tujhe aaj itna time kaise lag gaya? Pata hai na 8 bajne waale hain. Naina aur jijaji meri jaan khaa jaayenge agar Suman ghar deri se pohchi toh."

Swati was apologetic but was trying to explain herself too, "Sorry yaar, wo aaj kaam khatam karte karte thoda time lag gaya, toh isiliye deri hogayi. Waise bhi hum kahan society se zyada dur khade hain? Aur agar Naina Sameer ne kuchh kaha toh main tere hisse ki daant bhi kha lungi. Bas?"

"Daant toh tujhe hi khani hai behen. Kyunki Suman ko leke tu hi jaa rahi hai unke paas, main nahi." Preeti gave a smart reply.

All of them cackled on her statement. When Preeti ducked down catching a hold of both the kids and wiped most of the ice cream from their clothes, and showering the sweet scolding on them, "Tum donon bohot hi badmass ho gaye ho aajkal. Har baat pe zid se nahi toh ro ke mana lete hain hume. Kisi din acchi tarah se pitayi karungi donon ki main." and pinched their cheeks at the end lovingly. Pandit turned to Swati who was keenly looking at the children with loved filled in eyes.

Pandit smiled inwardly and asked her, ''Yahi soch rahi hai na ki kuchh saalon baad jab Aarav itna bada ho jaayega toh tu bhi uski chhoti chhoti pyaari galtiyon pe use aise hi pyaar se daategi jaise Preeti aur Naina daanti hain? ''

Swati smiled and replied without thinking twice and all spontaneous, ''Haan''

When it clicked to her that what she had blurted out, she tried to cover it, ''Ky... Kya, kya bol raha hai tu? Main aisa kuchh nahi soch rahi thi. ''

''Humse toh jhut bol legi. Par khud se kab tak jhut bolti rahegi? '' Pandit straightened himself and muttered under his breath but Swati heard it clearly. She glared at him to which he glared back at her and she looked sideways so as to ignore the thing.

Swati turned to Preeti eyeing Pandit from corner of the eyes, "P...Preeti, hogaya toh chalein?"

"Haan, chalte hain." Preeti spoke shifting her hand bag to her shoulder. Pandit came forward, when he saw Preeti juggling with some extra plastic bags in her hand. He took the bags requesting Preeti, "Ye main le leta hun."

"Thik hai, ye lo." Preeti had a normal answer as she herself had wanted to handover the bags to someone. It was good that Pandit came to her by himself.

Swati walked ahead, holding Suman's hands and Preeti and Pandit followed her behind. She had knowingly taken a distance from them so that they could get some time together. She wanted Samar to come to her too. But due to exhaustion of the whole day for such a little child, he got sleepy head and now was sleeping peacefully on his mother's shoulder.

Pandit spoke to Preeti eyeing on Swati with worry in his voice, "Isse kitni baar indirectly baat karne ki koshish kari ki jo iska bartaav hai Munna aur Aarav ke prati wo sahi nahi hai. Par isko samajh mein hi nahi aata."