Part 50

Naina had engrossed herself in chopping the bell peppers, silently in the kitchen. The knife hitting on the board was the only sound audible to her. Suman was at Preeti's place enjoying the company with her brother. And like always, she was contemplating over various things but at the same time being careful with the knife on the chopper-board. What would be her friends' destiny? This was the most favourite topic of hers that she would ponder over nowadays.

Again, she played the same cassette in her head. Swati was stubborn in her decision. She did not want to think a way second to it. She was busy in her own world, in her designs and stuff. She was working as a part-time intern for now, but how much ever she was in her own, she would manage her time for her friends too. Naina had suggested her three places and the second one in the list was in her fortune. She was working there, silently being in her zone and it had been barely 2 days that she had started her job. What could she do? Instead of regretting over her deeds in the past, she had nothing in her hand. That was also a reason, to divide her mind-space so that no stupid thoughts take place in the brain. But in spite of all these, Naina still was her best friend. And, she had no complaints with her.

Naina woke up from her thoughts when two warm hands slowly slid from her curves and rested on her belly. Naina's heart calmed down and she smiled. Sameer kept his chin on her shoulder and spoke near her ear, "kis soch main dubi ho jaan?" She threw her head completely back to his chest and her lips still lingered with a blissful smile.

Sameer kissed her cheek gently and spoke with love filled voice, rubbing his cheek to hers, "kya baat hai, aaj meri biwi bada muskura rahi hai."

She answered in the same love laced voice, "muskurana toh aayega hi na. Mere pati poore do dinon baad mujhse aisa baat karne aaye hain. Warna toh aajkal aap bade hi busy hogaye hain. Biwi ka khayal bhi nahi aata aapko toh" She spoke in a cute complaining tone.

He again kissed her earlobe and spoke huskily, trying to look in her eyes from behind,

"Jis khayal mein aapka khayal naa ho, uss khayal ka khayal bhi nahi karte hum"

"aaye hayee, Mera shayar Sameer" Naina nudged his chest lightly with her back.

"kasam se jab 'mera Sameer' kehti ho na, dil baar baar ghayal hojaata hai" Sameer's voice husked deeply and she felt her body erupting into goosebumps.

Her eyes bore into his captivating ones, don't know for how many seconds. Her eyes turned softer, "Pata nahi Sameer. Aajkal thodi der bhi mujhse dur rehte ho toh, mujhe bohot yaad aati hai tumhari."

His eyebrows narrowed and he turned her in his arms. He put a strand of hair behind her ear, "aur aisa kyun?"

"pata nahi" her eyes tend to water all of a sudden.

Before, they could spill down, he kissed her eyes one by one, followed by a slow peck on the forehead, "tumhe apne Sameer bharosa hai na?"

She nodded, "poora bharosa hai. Aur, saari duniya se zyada bharosa hai"

He smiled at her gesture, "toh phir bas. Itna yaad rakhna ki iss Sameer ki jaan iss Naina mein basti hai." He pointed at himself and then towards her. Next, he leaned down and kissed her heart, "aur yahan jo dil hai na...wo mera hai. Toh itna yaad rakhna ki ye Sameer apni Naina se ek pal bhi dur nahi reh sakta." She fisted his shirt on the sudden touch of his lips on her buldge. She took a long non-breathable breath and closed her eyes.

He smiled seeing his effect on her, still fresh as the first day. He touched his forehead with hers and spoke cupping her cheeks, "Naina, aaj bhi tum bilkul waise hi sharmati ho jaise pehli pehli baar sharmaati thi."