Part 33

Swati walked downstairs after she was done with her call with Munna. She knocked on the door holding Aarav in her arms. After more than a minute, the door opened only to show Naina's not so jolly face.

She welcomed Swati with her pursed lips and gave her way to get in. Swati formed creases on her forehead trying to find out Naina's trouble. She asked in gestures, to which Naina nodded in NO, with a forced smile.

Before Swati could ask her again, Sameer came out wiping his wet hands in the towel, post-lunch. He smiled at her, "arey Swati yahan khadi kyun ho?...aao na baitho...tum bhi aao Naina..." He turned to Naina in the last line.

Swati sat down keeping Aarav aside carefully, "kya baat hai?...tum donon kaafi pareshan lag rahe ho..."

Both of them looked at each other but did not answer Swati. Swati turned a bit sensible, "dekho agar koi personal baat hai toh main zor nahi daalungi...par agar kuchh share karna ho to kar sakte ho..."

They nodded their heads slowly, not wanting to speak. She folded one leg under her, "waise main dursi baat jaanne aayi thi...Preeti ka achhe se nipat gaya na sab?...pata chala kuchh?..."

Naina came and sat beside her, "haan...abhi thodi der pehle hi phone aaya tha uska...keh rahi thi ki aakhir kaar ye maamla bhi khatam hua...achha hogaya yaar...uske sar se ek bohot bada bojh utar gaya...abhi parlour mein hogi..." she said and again went silent.

Swati noticed her but spoke again turning her head to Sameer, "waise Sameer...Pandit bhi tumhare saath hi tha na...tum toh kab ke aagaye...wo toh abhi tak aaya nahi...lunch ke liye bhi nahi aaya...tumhe batakar gaya tha kya, ki late ho jaaega use?..."

Sameer stood up quickly with shock evident on his face, "kya??...wo abhi tak aaya nahi?...mujhe laga tha ki thodi der mein khud ghar aajaaega...jab uska dimag thanda hojaaega..."

Swati and Naina also got up immediately. Swati feared for his late arrival, "kya??...dimag thanda honeke baad?...aisa kya hua wahan pe Sameer?...sab thik hai na?..."

"Nahi Swati...sab thik nahi hai...wahan pe bohot behes hui Sameer aur Pandit ke beech...aur isi mein wo wahan se bina kuchh kahe nikal gaya..." Swati looked at her with joined brows when Naina started elaborating her everything. She told about how Pandit let his heart out in front of Sameer. How he was not ready to let his feelings pour in front of anyone. How he felt for Preeti and when did he realize his feelings for her.

Swati stared at both of them. She had discerned a long time back about Pandit's feelings for Preeti. But the fact that he had realized this years ago, was still unknown to her. She tried to calm down her tensed expression. Maybe, Pandit was really distressed so he could not make his way home. He may be sitting alone somewhere.

"iska matlab hai ki wo kahin chup chap baitha hoga...ya ghum raha hoga..." Swati stated. She sighed and again continued, blinking her eyes, "koi baat nahi...wo khud hi aajaaega...mujhe lagta hai ki use thodi der akela chhod dena chahiye..." Sameer too gave an understanding nod.

Naina pointed both of them to take their seats. She scooped inside the kitchen and came back with glasses of water offering to both of them. They took some sips and kept away the glasses.

Swati turned to Naina but hesitated if she should speak this or not, "Naina..."

"hmm..." she kept her own glass aside looking at Swati.

"tujhe koi problem to nahi hai na iss baat se...mera matlab hai ki Pandit Preeti ko pasand karta hai...sayad pyaar hi karta hai....toh kya tu...matlab ki tujhe iss chiz se koi aitraaz to nahi?...ki agar kal jaake Pandit aur Preeti ka rishta aage badha toh...matlab...tu samajh rahi hai na?" Swati spoke with a dither switching her gaze, time to time from Sameer and Naina.