Part 44

I am very very sorry guys. Main last do din koi update nahi de paayi. I was very disturbed by something and was really not in the state of doing anything.

Anyways, here's the update. 😊

Swati could not swallow Rewa's confession at all. Her brain was all in convulsion. Her body muscles were gradually tightening. She needed to breathe, not by air but by the truth that had got poured in the whole surrounding few minutes before. Everything hung in her head, and the same situation was with Naina and Preeti too. Rewa was trying to convince them, not be blame themselves or not to pester over it so much. But whatever they did, however they tried, they could not poise their hearts. How would they? It was exceedingly tough for them.

Rewa shook her head showing an impossible look on her face. She again tried to persuade them, "Naina, Preeti, Swati...dekho, baar baar wahi chizein apne man mein dohorake kuchh haasil nahi hone waala. 17 baar wahi sochnese naahi maine kaha wo badlega, aur naahi mera faisla badlega. To behtar yahi hai ki tum log maanlo iss baat ko kyunki yahi sach hai, aur ab ye kisi bhi halaat mein nahi badal sakta."

Naina cruded, "kaise maanle hum is baat ko Rewa? Kaise? Agar tumhare nazariye se dekhein toh ek pal liye tum sayad sahi bhi ho, magar dusri chiz ka kya? Dusre pehlu ka kya? Munna ko ab bhi yahi lagta hai ki tum bohot matlabi aur khudgarz ho chuki ho. Use lagta ki tum Aarav ke layak nahi ho, tum kisi ke saath koi rishta rakhne ke layak nahi ho. Lekin sach to kuchh aur hi hai na Rewa? Tumhe nahi lagta ki Munna ko ye sab pata hona chahiye?"

Rewa instantly shook her head, fearing the situation when Munna will come to know her truth, "nahi nahi Naina please, usko ye sab bhul kar bhi mat batana. Agar usko iss sach ka pata chala, toh wo khud ko kabhi maaf nahi kar paayega aur zindagi bhar afsos hoga use, jo main bilkul nahi chahti hun. Please...itna kardo mere liye" she started to fold her hands.

Swati hugged her as she could not stop her tears on the edge of her lower eyelid anymore. All she could think was that, Rewa was doing wrong. Whatever she was demanding, was just inappropriate in all sense. Everything seemed so jumbled. For Aarav also, she had knowingly kept him away from her. The children of Aarav's age may not be able to know or learn anything. But, they can easily recongnize their mother's touch and her warm lap. And before Aarav could put a habit of her lap, it was better that Swati took her place.

When she parted after seconds, she again tried to say the same thing to Rewa once again, but she stopped her before Swati could speak, "nahi Swati please, badi mushkil se khud ko samjhaya hai ye faisla lene ke liye maine, mat roko mujhe ab. Ab agar maine ye faisla badla, to shayad kamzor pad jaaungi" her eyes started to brim with tears again.

She wiped her cheeks vehemently not to break down anymore. She gave a smile to them, "main chalti hun, shaam bhi hone waali hai...aur waise bhi thode dinon baad main bhi tum logon ke zindagi se humesha humesha ke liye chali jaaungi..."

They shook their heads trying to stop her again, but Rewa stopped them showing her palm. She rubbed her forehead with her fore-finger and said with a chuckle, wetness still on her eyes, "jaanti hun ki pichhle kuchh time se vatavaran thoda zyada hi filmy hogaya. Lekin kya karun? ye baat toh sabko pata hi hai ki jaahan tum 6 log saath hote ho, wahan kuchh bhi sidha hona naamumkin hai" Their throats too gave out a small laugh involuntarily.

"ye sahi nahi hai Rewa, tumse phir se keh rahi hun main...please ek baar aur soch lo. Aarav ki zindagi ka sawaal hai" Swati pleaded in a grief smitten voice.

But god knows how much they tried to convince her, she was adamant on her decision. She did not want to step back. Because she knew if she turned back, she will have to face the thorns in her life again. And now, her tolerating power was almost nil.