Part 57

Tanvi lied down on the bed; she could sense her own pulse at her wrist when the doctor examined her. Sejal and Gauri aunty, along with Naina, Preeti and Swati had been waiting for what would the doctor say. Tanvi was conscious, but was still weak. That's what the doctor too said when he had arrived here. Sameer had been waiting in the living room, as Aditya was to return from his work...but he was very late than he had assumed. Munna and Pandit were busy with the children, ensuring that no disturbance occurs due to them, inside.

Pandit and Munna were happily playing with the children on the sofa, making them engrossed in their toys. However, Pandit was looking at Samar. He did love the little boy from day 1 he met, but the feeling towards him today was different. He felt like something new in himself. What was it? He questioned himself. But he got the answer in a jiff. Yes, it was the feeling of responsibility and seriousness that suddenly grew inside him. It was not till yesterday. It was today itself...the time from today morning, when he went to Preeti. He carried the toddler in his lap and looked at his babyish charm. He was also one of the reasons he was happy today. A lot...literally a lot had happened from today; his confession, Preeti's rejection, Preeti's confession, Naina's confrontation with Preeti, Her realistion...and many more. But the one that was unnoticed...or better say it was fading probably was Samar's word, that one word which had completely turned his life. Never in his wildest dreams had he ever imagined that he would be called by that word by someone...Papa. He closed his eyes for a second. A proud, new and a very responsible Pandit was growing inside him.

Munna turned to look at him. Pandit was lost in his own thoughts, but a thing was to be noted. He was sitting with a satisfied smile on his face. Munna was happy beyond limits today. After all, his 'Ponga' was successful in getting the love of his life. People are true. True in a sense that, 'true love' pays off. He smiled bitterly. Probably he had missed something. He had done something wrong, that he and Swati were...He took a long breath, and left the sentence incomplete. There as no point left to think about it.

However, he turned to speak to Pandit, "Yaar aaj sach mein kamaal hogaya. Tune aur Preeti ne toh dil khush kardiya. Chalo der se hi sahi, tum donon ko apna sachcha pyaar toh mila, ek dusre ka saath toh mila." Pandit smiled. He was fortunate. No doubt. Munna coughed, and spoke looking at Samar, "Suna hai ki tu free mein aaj papa bhi ban gaya. Waise tune kya kya soche honge nahi? Apne bete ka naam bhajiya rakhunga. Beti ka naam Jalebi rahunga, aur bhi socha hoga nahi?"

When he paused to look at Pandit, he sat giving an unamused corner eye look to him. Munna acted innocent, "kya? Maine jhut kaha kya?" "Aye chhenu, maar khayega tu. Mere bachche tujhe bhajiya aur jalebi dikh rahe hain?" Pandit fakley roared over him. But Munna gave the answer in the same tone, "haan matlab tere level ka hogaya na...toh maine socha ki" "Chup hojaa Chhenu, warna sachchi aaj do pairon pe ghar nahi jaaega." Pandit warned him but Munna was no less, "Haan thik hai koi baat nahi. Tu aur Sameer mujhe kandhe pe utha ke leke jaana" Munna answered and looked at him. After a second, both of them burst into laughters.

Pandit loosed his hold on his lap when Samar tried to get off, "waise mazak ki baat alag hi Munna. Maine jo aaj Samar ke muh se Papa sunke mehsus kiya hai na, wo main tujhe sabdon men bata bhi nahi sakta. Main tujhe kya kahun mujhe kaisa lag raha hai. Papa, toh main bhi apne papa ko kehke bulata hun, Suman ke muh se bhi kayi baar Sameer ko papa kehte suna hai. Par kabhi wo nahi mehsus kiya jo aaj kiya hai. Aisa lagta hai jaise, kuchh naya horaha hai. Koi bohot important mere life se jud gaya hai. Preeti toh hai hi, par Samar...ye ab ek alag jine ka maksad ban gaya hai mera aaj se." Munna had a blissful smile on his face. He replied, patting his shoulder, "Ye ek baap banne ki khushi hai Pandit, jo tujhe aaj jaake dil se mehsus hua hai. Par ek baat zarur kehna chahunga. Tune Samar ko janam toh nahi diya, par phir bhi tera iske saath ek alag hi rishta jud gaya hai...jo bohot gehra hai."