Part 28

Preeti was not able to concentrate on her work. She needed a break badly. But she could not demand for it, as she had joined here recently. It had hardly completed a week here. The head here was impressed with her hard work as she had started to handle everything with ease. She had observed Preeti. And what she had seen was, Preeti would always put every inch of effort in her assigned work. None of the costumers who visited was upset with her on anything like that. It was just a week and she was really fond of Preeti. She knew that Preeti had lost her husband and she had to take care of her 2 year old son, that too all alone. Initially she was little comprehensive to keep Preeti here, but she gave it a try. But in-spite of all her personal problems, she never let it mix with her profession.

But, Jaya madam, that was what she was called here. She did not find Preeti engrossed today. She was physically present here but mentally she was roaming somewhere else. Definitely Preeti was bothered. She sensed it. She did not want any of her employees to take any kind of trouble, as this ultimately effects on the work.

She walked up to Preeti and summomed her name from behind. But as expected, she did not answer and continued staring at a place playing with the scissors. When she stood in front of her, Preeti again did not pay attention to her surrounding.

Jaya ma'am tapped her shoulder. In response, Preeti turned her head up and hurriedly stood at her place in resulting the box of scissors to fall down.

Preeti bend down and started to pick it her trembling hands, apologizing at the same time, ''maaf kijiyega madam...mai...maine dekha nahi aapko...''

Jaya madam picked her up, placing the box on the table she had been holding, ''preeti calm down...this is not a big issue...tum mujhe ye batao ki what is bothering you?...aaj tumhara dhyaan kaam par hai hi nahi...what has happened?...any tension?...'' she asked calmly.

''nahi madam...aisi koi baat nahi hai...'' Preeti tried to hide her forehead creases.

Jaya madam placed her warm hands on hers, ''dekho Preeti...I don't know what is wrong...par main bhi tumhari maa ki umar ki hun...isiliye tumse puchh rahi hun...par its ok...everyone has their own personal space...main tumhe force nahi karungi...par itna zarur kahungi ki if you want... you can take a break today...its completely alright...'' she spoke genuinely worrying about the girl standing in front of her.

But Preeti tried to deny again, ''nahi madam...main bikul thik hun..bas thode ghar ke problems...''she spoke in a low voice hanging her down.

Jaya madam smiled at her, ''Preeti...I can understand...I am also a single mother and I know how difficult it is to manage everything...mujhe bhi bohot waqt laga tha sab kuchh suljhane mein...isiliye tumse keh rahi hun...aaj chhuti le lo...you will feel better...''

Before Preeti could again deny, Jaya ma'am spoke, ''I insist Preeti...You badly need to get out of it...warna yahan bhi dhyan nahi laga paogi...aur wahan ki bhi problem solve nahi hogi...I hope you are understanding my point...''

Preeti was grateful beyond words. She had such a caring and understanding personality as her head in her working. Her soft tone did not let her deny anymore.

She picked her hand bag slowly and glanced Jaya madam with a thanking look and moved out of her desk.

When she was out of the gate, Jaya madam came to the reception area and saw everyone eyeing towards the exit. She knew how other staffs were jealous of Preeti. Preeti had gained attention from her in a very less time as compared to others. And, it was obviously due to the dedication in her work. Jaya madam could not do anything about these people.

''girls...continue with your work...costumers are waiting'' she mouthed getting them out of their revive and retired to her cabin.

The Maheswari house was really tensed right now. Swati had come down to Naina and Sameer carrying Aarav. She too was restless for Preeti. Pandit had also just entered the flat after dropping Munna to the airport. Suman and Samar were sent to the play school.