Part 52

Naina was churning herself, with each and every word Preeti had spoken. It was resonating in her ear, time and again like a bell ringing in the temple. Her sister whom she was the closest to, had never let her know, what was going inside her...all these years. 8 years...it was a huge time. She wore the mask of happiness, which was genuine for sure but inside somewhere, she must have felt a gust of soreness blowing her heart. She was happy, for the world. Her smile was veritable but again for the world. The truth was that, every time she was smiling, every time she was laughing, but it was for others. She cheered around when everyone was there, but what about the situation when she was alone? Again, her heart would have clenched...undeniably.

"Preeti ne apne anadar itne saalon tak kitna kuchh chhupake rakha tha. Iss ladki ne mujhe kabhi bhanak bhi lagne nahi di ki uske dil pe kya beet rahi hai. Aur chup chap hum sab ki khushi mein hasti chali gayi, jaise ki kuchh hua hi naa ho." Naina's mind spoke to her when she was almost near the gate of her flat. She subconsciously rang the doorbell and it opened within a couple of seconds.

Sameer got worried to see her dust-like grey face. She came back, totally opposite. He knew something was definitely wrong. He called her but she walked in without answering him. Sameer closed her door behind and caught her hand, making her turn towards him. He cupped her face with his warm hands, "kya baat hai Naina? Batao mujhe. Kya hua hai? Ye kya haalat bana rakhi hai tumne?"

"Sameer...Preeti ne mujhse bohot badi baat chhupayi hai Sameer. Dhoka diya hai, apni hi behen ko" Naina spoke in a whisper, in a broken voice.

He joined his brows in confusion, "Preeti ne? kaunsi baat Naina?" He placed his hands on her shoulder and made her sit down gently. "batao Naina, kya baat hai?"

She opened her mouth to speak but at the same time, Swati hurried to her who had just stepped out of the washroom. She kneeled down to Naina, "Naina...kya hua tujhe? Ise kya hua hai Sameer?" She asked in an anxious tone.

Sameer answered her still trying to point out what has Preeti done, "pata nahi Swati, Naina keh rahi hai ki Preeti ne use dhoka diya...pata nahi aur kya kya."

"wo chhodo, tum batao Munna kahan hai?" Sameer turned the point giving a worried look to Naina, who was lost somewhere.

Swati got up, "wo sayad upar gaya hai. Bulake laaun kya?" She enquired.

"haan haan, tum jaao aur use bulake le aao aur Pandit ho toh use bhi bol dena." He answered her, pouring the water into the glass.

She got the point and hurried upstairs.

Meanwhile, Sameer made Naina drink water and made her calm down. She looked blemished. He caught her hands and rubbed them giving the soothing effect to her heart, "Naina, shaanti se batao mujhe, kya hua hai? Tum toh Janvi ke ghar gayi thi na? toh ye sab...matalb..."

Naina closed her eyes for a second, taking in a lungful of oxygen. She tried to sink in what her ears heard. She looked at her life in front of her eyes and hugged her making him imbalance backwards. He rubbed her back and parted after some seconds. She put the strands back her ear and again looked at him, "jab main Janvi ke ghar se nikli tab..." He nodded and she started with each drop of vocals he heard in Preeti's house. Pandit's confession, Preeti's rejection, her reason for rejection, her liking for Pandit and everything.

These things were equally heartbreaking and shocking for Sameer as well. But he could sense Naina's situation right now. They were sisters...soul sisters. And, they had always shared every bit of change in their life with each other. But, Preeti...she had done wrong, very wrong. This was all he could conclude. He looked at Naina, she was giving a single eye to the situation. She was not trying to think about Preeti's helplessness at that time. Or was she? However, this was very hurtful for Naina.