Part 46

Naina was half drenched as she had been busy washing the clothes, the moment Swati had left for her house. Only the last part of it was remaining, i.e. squeezing the excess water from the clothes and placing them in a separate tub. Her hands had just reached to pick her wet dupatta when the doorbell rang irritating her the very moment. She threw the dupatta in the half-filled bucket again which resulted in the splashing of water directly to her face and upper chest wetting her more. She tried to tie her hair with the same wet hands.

She muttered under the breath with gritted teeth and moved towards the living room grabbing her dupatta to cover herself, "pata nahi kaun hai iss waqt. Koi shaanti se kaam bhi nahi karne deta ab toh"

The doorbell continued to irk her. She shouted marching towards the door, "haan haan aa rahi hun"

When she pulled the door with all her force, her irritated expressions switched to a surprised one. Sameer stood with a much more vexed appearance than compared to her. She roamed her eyes to his figure from bottom to top. She spoke with still widened eyes, "ye kaise hogaya Sameer? Aise kichad mein latpat?...aur itni jaldi kaise aagaye?"

Sameer entered dusting his hands over his shirt, "kya bataun Naina, jaise hi main aur Aditya nikle yahan se toh thodi duri pe jaake traffic mein fas gaye hum. Aur, aadha ghanta ho chuka tha par aage ki gaadiyan hilne ka naam hi nahi le rahi thi. Aur usi waqt Aditya ko pyas lag rahi thi, to main auto se utra mineral water kharidne le liye, to ekdum se ek bike aayi side waali gali se aur saara kichad mere pe ud gaya. Ab aisi haalat mein toh producer se milne nahi jaa sakte, isiliye hum donon waapas hi aagaye"

Naina shut the door bolting it nicely and spoke in sympathy to his condition, "ohoo! poore gande hogaye ho tum toh. Tumhe toh nahana hi padega ab. Ek kaam karo yahin pe apne kapdre aur joote utaar do, andar gaye to saara ghar ganda hojaaega aur khamakha mera kaam badh jaaega. Tab tak main towel laati hun tumhara."

Sameer hummed and put off his shoes, making it rest to the corner of the gate. He was unbuttoning his shirt when Naina came with a towel in her hand, "Ye lo...mujhe zara ek do kapde aur khangalne hain. Tum towel lapetke aajao, tab tak wo kaam bhi hojaaega aur bathroom khaali hojaaega"

He nodded and gestured her to put the towel on the cabinet and he continued unbuttoning his shirt. She kept the towel on the cabinet and turned to go inside.

But when she turned around, what Sameer saw made his heart stop at his place. Her loose bun was loosening more and the water droplets at the end of her hair were disappearing in the material of her Kurti at her back. Her wet cloth at the back was giving him a clear glimpse of her under cloth. His mouth went dry and he gulped the huge lump of saliva down his throat. His hands on the shirt button closed into a fist. Probably he was trying to calm himself down. And then, another heart attack! She took off her dupatta and threw it on the sofa. Next, she curled up her salwar to the knees. He was near to death seeing his wife like this. 

 She half-turned and saw him standing like a statue, "Sameer main bathroom jaldi khali kar dungi, bilkul bhi time nahi lagega. Tum kapde badal lo, main abhi aati hun" She spoke in her general tone and moved inside, not knowing about the havoc she was creating inside him.

He ruffled his hair and licked his dry lips. He continued to undo his clothes. When he was in a towel only, he smirked naughtily and followed the way to his seductress. He leaned his head to see her. He saw her squeezing the clothes and next, she put them in the tub on another side.

She sensed his presence and spoke without looking at him, "aagaye tum, thodi der rukna zara, ye ek kurti bachi hai" and continued her work. He crossed his hands above his chest and rested his left shoulder on the bathroom door and watched her each action passionately.