Part 48

Days went by in a swift. But they were still not able to configure the solutions to their tangled situations. Naina & Sameer, both were trying their level best that their friends step out of the nut-shell and express themselves freely in the same way as they used to do earlier. It was tough and they could understand. How come the transpose of the occurrences in the last few months in their lives will not change them inside out? It was so evident. And, it will assuredly demand a revolutionary turnover in the time. But they were still finding an answer to the same question. For how long, these will remain the same?

Swati had suffered a lot. Munna was still agonizing. They didn't have even a faded hint of a genuine smile on their lips, even now. And, moreover, they both had to stay under the same roof with no existing relationship between them. Yes, they were friends but they could not deny the fact that they yet felt for each other. And, the friendship too wasn't the same as in the past. They always had to fight with the awkwardness inside them for initiating a mearage talk between them. It was turning strenuous day to day.

Rewa was completely out of their way, on her own. Swati knew it and this was the reason her heart was not letting her walk towards Munna. She was dying to be with him but her soul did not allow her. Her respect towards Rewa had multiplied a thousand times seeing her platonic love for Munna. She along with the other four had witnessed this side of true love too. That is, the definition of love is not always being together but it can sometimes be let go too. And, Rewa had done the same thing. She was shattered and broken but she wanted Munna to be happy. She had wanted him to stay satisfied. And, this clearly showed that she truly loved Munna. So was the reason, she wanted to step back. At least Munna will get his true love. She had realized that leastways, she will not get hurt when he is away from her. So, she simply let him go.

On the other hand, Munna was unaware of the happenings of that day, when Rewa had arrived. Neither did he have a tinge of interest in it. He was at least satisfied that he was separating from Rewa. After all, how could he tolerate any disrespectful words for his parents? He was glad about the fact that she herself was willing to separate from him. But don't know why, his heart ached in some corner. Was he missing something? And, staying with Swati under the same roof was eating him up. He had to find a way out to this.

Naina had tried to convince Swati numerous times, but she became deaf to her words. Her heart and soul were not permitting her to do so. Naina gave out a crestfallen exhale and always returned back with a dejected face. Here, Sameer tried to take out the topic of Munna and Swati to Munna himself. But his mind was centered on the divorce issue right now. So, nothing came into Sameer's hands too.

One very day, when Sameer was trying to write an article for the newspaper, his concentration was far away from his deeds. He was staring at some far end. Naina turned back to see him, setting the clothes neatly in the wardrobe. He sat chewing the cover of the pen.

Naina chided as she disliked this habit of his the most. She snatched the cover out of his mouth making him jerk forward. He touched his teeth where the cover had hit him due to the sudden pull, "aau...kya hai Naina?" he whined with a pout.

She took the ball pen from his hand and placed its cap on it, "kya bachchon ki tarah harkate kar rahe ho Sameer?"

Sameer kept the paper pad aside and made her sit in front of him. She bent one leg under her thigh and gave him a questioning look. He spoke in the same dispirited perception, "Naina, hum kitna bhi koshish kar le par Munna Swati manne ko tayyar hi nahi hai. Munna meri baatein sun kar bhi ansuna kar raha hai aur Swati toh tumhari baat manna hi nahi chahti. Aise mein donon ko kaise milayenge hum?"

Naina could understand his condition as she was in the ambiance as well. There was only one left with them. That was, Munna should know everything and at least he could make her accept that it was not at all her fault. But the biggest tyranny was, if Munna comes to know about the occurrences, then what if he also agrees his points with Swati? What if everything turns upside down, crashing all their hopes? Was it a good idea for Munna to know everything? Naina was mystified.