Part 14

Swati's hand trembled to see all of them together. Now, her situation was like a culprit who was surrounded by policemen from all sides. She had nowhere to escape now. But, before that, she had one more work to do. She quaffed seeing all of their serious faces. She was gathering tons of courage to try and pacify her friends. She raised her leg to walk when Naina came and hugged her making her jerk backward.

Naina hugged her so tight that Swati was not able to breathe. But what made her shocked was that, why was Naina hugging her if she was crossed at her? She saw all the three men in the room standing with a staid and unsmiling face. Before she could react to her surroundings, Naina sobbed hard nuzzling to her, "mujhe maaf karde Swati...please maaf karde.....ek baar kho kar paya hai maine tujhe....dubara apni dost khoneka risk nahi le sakti hun main.....maaf karde...." Swati widened her eyes. Her best friend was apologizing to her even it was hers mistake yesterday. Now, the guilt inside her heart increased more and more.

Swati made her stand properly and said apologizing, "arey maafi to mujhe maangni chahiye tujhse....aur sabse bhi....kya kya nahi bol diya maine kal raat ko.....itna tak keh diya ki tu aur Sameer kisi ke dosti ke layak nahi hai....lekin maine sanchi dil se nahi bola tha....sab gusse mein nikal gaya.....magar sach baat to yeh hai ki kisike dosti ke layak to main nahi hun....."

Naina nodded her head in no with still tears in eyes when Swati cut her again, "nahi Naina aaj bolne de mujhe....har baar dosti ki kasauti pe meri wajah se tu hi royi hai....taqleef tujhe hi hui hai har baar....aisa college mein bhi ho chukka hai pehle....aur phir wahi dard, waisi hi taqleef maine tujhe kal bhi dediya...."

Swati's eyes also brimmed with tears and said again, "pata nahi kya kya bake jaa rahi thi kal main.....maaf karde mujhe....maaf karde..." She clutched Naina's joined hands and touched them to her forehead. Naina felt lighter as she sensed the tinge of guilt lifting off her chest slowly.

Sameer also walked up to Naina and Swati and said facing Swati, "sahi hi to hai na Swati....waise bhi kya galat kaha tumne kal....hume sach mein tum logon ki koi khabar nahi thi Mumbai aane ke baad....hum donon yahan par apni hi problems mein itna ulajhkar reh gaye ki iss baat ka kabhi ehsas hi nahi hua ki sayad humare dost bhi pareshani mein ho sakte hain....unhe bhi humari zarurat ho sakti hai...phir jab bhi meri in donon se baat hoti thi....dono aise baat karte the jaise kuch hua hi naa ho.....koi problem hi nahi ho inhe....kisi bhi chiz ki bhanak tak lagne nahi di....tum log chup chap sehte reh gaye.....kitna kuch jhela hoga tum logo ne akele hi.....aur hume bhi pata chalne nahi diya uss waqt.... taaki hume problem naa ho...."

He walked up to Munna with a lone tear in his eyes and said joining his hands in front of him, "aaj sach mein....tum logon ne hum donon ko chhota kar diya....dosti nibhane mein sach mein tum log mahaan hogayee...tera aur Swati kaa to phir bhi samajh mein aata hai....par iss Pandit ne bhi kuch nahi bataya hume.....ise bhi bohot sunake aaya hun ghar par.....raat bhar lecture diya hai maine ise....sone nahi diya hai maine...." Munna chuckled on this amidst his tears.

He called Pandit in gestures, who stood smiling in tears alone. Munna handed Aarav to him carefully and hugged Sameer tightly letting the tears fall freely on each other's shoulder.

Munna spoke to him slowly, "kaisi baat kar raha hai Sameer.....dosti mein koi bhi chhota bada nahi hota...sab dost barabar hote hain....koi upar ya niche nahi hota hai.....sab ko saath milkar hi chalna hota hai...warna dosti ki gaadi dagmaga jaati hai...." Sameer too nodded pursing his lips to stop more tears.

Swati and Naina smiled seeing their bond. Pandit also wanted to run to them. Naina understood and went to him talking Aarav in her arms. Pandit thanked her and jumped joining Munna and Sameer. They stood there hugging each other for several minutes. They had their trio hug after years. None wanted to leave each other.