Part 21

Pandit tied his shoelace and summoned Swati as his parents were already present in the hall for heading towards the court, ''Swati....chal.....sunwayi kaa time ho raaha hai.....Swati.....Swa....''

He stopped as he saw Swati coming out of her room with slow steps. Till now, she was assuring everyone that she is Ok, she can face them, but in reality, how much she denies, there was still a trace of fear inside her heart's corner.

Sushila aunty walked up to her and asked filling confidence in her eyes, ''tayyar hai na aaj ke liye?'' Swati looked up to her face. They were the people who never left her side. They were facing their own losses and it was because of her. Pandit's father's store was only the way in the name of the source of income in their family. But they were still standing with her like pillars.

She closed her eyes and took a long breath. The people who were standing by her side had almost lost everything for her sake. She cannot step back now.

She closed her eyes and remembered the important people in her life and spoke to Sushila aunty, ''jee aunty....bilkul tayyar hun....chaliye....'' and smiled at the end.

They got out of the house and latched it with the lock properly. When they were walking outside, people from the surrounding came out and started their nuisance talks. ''dekh rahi hai....yahi hai wo ladki....jisko iske pati ne chhod diya....'', ''zarur isi mein kuch na kuch kami hogi....warna kisi ki mati maari gayi hai kya....jo aisehi bina kisi wajah ke ise chhod dega....'', ''arey isko to pehle din dekhte hi samajh gayi main ki ye koi iski behen vehen nahi hai.....isi ladki ne Pandit ko bhi fasaya hoga.....aur chali hai seena taan ke talaak dene pati ko ...'', ''aur nahi to kya, warna khud iska baap yahan aake itna halla kyun machata....aur ye bhi apne baap se kaise baat kar rahi thi....'', ''arey inn logon ka bhi dimag kharab hogaya hai jo...iss ladki ko apne ghar mein jagah di....''

Sushila aunty gritted her teeth and was about to speak up when her husband caught her hand in the right time and signaled her in No. ''kya hai....kyun rok rahe hain aap mujhe....inka muh band nahi kiya yo aise hi anab sanab bakte rahenge....''Sushila aunty straightly asked her husband.

''arrey shaant ho jaao Sushila....inka muh band karne se kya hoga?...aur kitno ka muh band karogi tum?....jaane do....aise logon ko samjhana matlab....bhais ke aage bin bajaana....'' he said making her understand.

When she was about to say something again, his father again cut her and said, ''aur zara Swati ki aor dekho...use jab kisiki bakwas se koi farak nahi pad raha....to tum bhi chup raho na....inn pagal logon kaa muh band karneka sirf ek hi tareeka hai....ki sach sabke saamne aajaye....''

Sushila aunty calmed down a little and looked ahead to the two figures walking straight without entertaining the stupid people around them. She smiled and said to her husband in pride, ''ye to kammal hi ho gaya ji....ye to sach mein kisiki baaton par dhyan diye bina chale ja rahi hai....lagta hai aaj hi jeetenge hum log....aur phir sab thik hojaaega....'' He also nodded smiling in response.

Pandit who was walking with Swati asked her, ''tujhe dar to nahi lag raha na?....nahi matlab.....kisi baat ka dawaab to nahi hai na tujhpe?....lad paayegi na?''

She walked and answered confidently without looking at him, ''haan....main puri tarah se tayyar hun...ab mujhe kisike bhi baaton ka koi farak nahi padta.....un logon ka muh todna sach mein zaruri ho gaya hai ab....jaise hum log school ho ya college ho ya Naina Sameer ko ek karna ho.....inn sabme hum kabhi pichhe nahi hate....waise hi iss ladai mein bhi hum pichhe nahi hatenge....humare baaki dost abhi humare saath nahi hain....par mujhe pakka vishwas hai ki unka hausla aur unki taakat donon humare saath hai....''