Part 49

Naina stood in awe, clasping her hands with each other seeing the two figures standing in front of her. Sameer tried to take her out of her dream but she was so lost in the two of them that she did not notice Sameer's gestures. Here, Pandit was getting almost a mini heart attack seeing Naina's condition. He was begging his god to put some sense into their 'Naina devi', but she was still lost. Sameer and Pandit gave up on their try. But, Preeti stood all confused. 

She came up to her and shook her by shoulders and Naina came out of her revive, "haan? Kya hua? Aise kyun hila rahi hai?"

Preeti smacked her shoulder, "arey kab se thujhe pukaar rahi hun, tu buth banke khadi hai toh tujhe jhatka toh dena padega na. Aur dant rakshas ki tarah daant ke saath saath apne kaale mashude kya dikha rahi thi?"

Naina bit her tongue as she realized what she was going to mess up. She looked at Pandit and Sameer from the corner of her eyes, who stood giving them an 'I told you' look. She mentally chided herself, "ye kya kar rahi thi main? Agar Preeti ko pata chal jaata toh? Ab kya bolun?"

She fumbled, "wo...wo ba...main wo..." she started to bite her nails. At once she turned the point, "wo main tujhe baat mein bataungi. Pehle ye sun le ki mere mashude kaale nahi hai...ye dekh" she showed her teeth wide.

Preeti scrunched her nose tilting her head at the side, "uhnn....muh band kar le badbu aa rahi hai."

"bhaad mein jaa tu" Naina smacked her shoulder.

Pandit and Sameer smiled seeing the pure sister-sister bond. Naina and Preeti were so satisfied together and as always, Preeti never left teasing Naina.

"aah...lagi mujhe" Preeti pouted fakely. Naina wanted to hug her tight, shout around with her & dance with her as she was not able to control her happiness within herself. Preeti was changing, or better say getting back to herself...once again.

Naina chuckled and spoke again, "achha wo sab chhod aur bata ki yahan aana kaise hua?"

Preeti's smile faded and she looked at Pandit. He blinked his eyes at her, which went unnoticed by Sameer and Naina. Preeti did not how to ask. Naina was unaware of whatever had happened in the pooja day when they were away for buying the stuff. Was it right to question the person straight forward?

Preeti composed herself before Naina could ask her again, "haan wo main puchh rahi thi ki yahan pe koi milne aaya tha kya tujh se?"

"ya Sameer se?" Pandit instantly added to cover her folly.

"haa...haan, matlab yeh ki koi mehmaan ya dost wagera aaya tha kya tum logon se milne?" Preeti enquired again.

Sameer and Naina exchanged confused looks. Why did both of them all of a sudden, need to know this? Naina raised her eyebrows at Sameer and he gave a 'don't know' look to her.

However Naina answered, still skeptical, "waise toh koi aaya nahi tha par tum donon achanak ye kyun puchh rahe ho? Kuchh hua hai kya?"

"Arey kya tu bhi Naina. Hona kya hai? Hum to bas aise hi puchh rahe the. Agar koi mehmaan aaya nahi hai toh hum hi aaj tere mehmaan ban jaate hain aur saara kitchen saaf kar dete hain. Aur kya baat hogi." Pandit tried to be jolly as he caught Naina and Sameer and made them sit on the sofa.

They both decided not to drag the topic more as they knew how much Pandit was fond of food. Better thank to god, they didn't find anything fishy. Preeti took a sigh of relief and inwardly thanked Pandit as he tackled the situation.

But they were still in the same thought, if he did not come here finding Naina, then why was he in this society? But they relinquished the topic for now.