Part 31

Sorry for the delay guys...carry on downwards...

Naina was blankly walking on the pavement staring at the path in her front, but at the same time paying attention to the responsibilities, which were holding her fingers from either side. She had herself come out of the society gate, but her mind was still time and again thinking of the scenario she saw a few minutes ago. Her subconscious mind was forcing her unknowingly to make it real whatever she had visualized. But she was still unaware of it, unaware of her own wanting. She was denying it verbally again and again.

She knocked her mind with the same sentence for the seventh time now, "aakhir kar main itna soch hi kyun rahi hun?...ho sakta hai jo bhi maine dekha wo sach na ho...sirf meri kalpana ho...kya karun samajh mein nahi aa raha hai...aajkal bohot faltu ki chizen sochne lagi hun main...par jo kuchh bhi dekh kar maine mehsus kiya, use bhi to jhutla nahi sakti main..." She held a deep breath, long blinking her eyes, "ab to sirf Sameer hi hai...jo mujhe iss uljhan se nikaal sakta hai..."

Before she could start thinking of anything else again, she stopped at the entrance of the playschool. They were already late, but as it was just a playschool, there were no such restrictions. But Naina and Preeti always paid heed to the fact that the children reach their destination on time, as it was a great lesson for the children to learn punctuality from the very beginning stage. There was no harm in it.

Naina kneeled down to face both of them and kissed their cheeks lovingly, bidding them goodbye. She gave them her basic instructions and as always, the children nodded cutely and rushed inside holding each other hands with their little pace.

Naina stood up and began walking towards the home when the children were out of her sight and ensuring that they were in safe hands.

Here, three figures were standing at the bus stop, waiting for the bus and it was late as usual. And, it was obviously not a new thing. Preeti's grip on her handbag tightened due to the situation created in front of her. There were two reasons; the first one was of course that she was carrying a huge amount of money with her. She had just 4 lakhs with her, but it was a big money for middle-class people like her. She had already sent the remaining amounts via paychecks. And the second reason was standing beside her, Pandit. She was not able to point out exactly, that why her nervousness grew second by second whenever he was around.

Pandit glanced at her, she was sweating badly in the morning hour. He bent towards her a little, "Preeti...." Her grip tightened more when she heard his voice so close to her. She shot up her look at him, to which he withdrew himself back to his original position. He looked at his front not wanting her to be uncomfortable anymore and spoke normally, "chinta mat karo Preeti...hum donon hain na...tum sahi salaamat Subham ji ke office pohoch jaaogi...jyada tension mat lo..."

His soothing words somehow calmed her down but he had no idea what she was fighting with, inside her. Sameer, who was standing beside him, spoke too, "haan Preeti...don't worry...hum hain na tumhare saath mein...relax ho jaao...aur paison ke baare mein zyada mat socho...khamakha tension badhegi..."

Preeti nodded reluctantly, not wanting to argue with them. She muttered to herself, "pata nahi Naina ne do do bodyguards mere saath kyun bhej diye...in donon ke saath se to achha main khud ba khud hi chali jaati..." She sighed and wiped her forehead trying to keep her body language normal.

As being 'Mumbaikars' by now, they were well-known for the pickpocketers and thieves around. She did not want to give them a hint. However, she cooled down as the two boys were standing with her. By now, she was somehow grateful that they were with her. She chided irritatingly on her own behavior, which was changing its opinion continuously.

Sameer's attention was on the highway, looking for the local buses. They were standing on the stop for more than 30 minutes by now. He looked at his watch and again shifted his gaze to the road. Pandit patted his back, "aajaegi bhai....bus aajaegi...."