Part 9

Munna walked out of Pandit's house after bidding bye to them. Aarav had slept peacefully in Suman's cradle in Swati's room. Munna gave the same reason to Sameer and Naina which he had given Pandit for Aarav staying with Swati. Swati was satisfied that the small child will not be alone anymore. He will get the familiar environment here.

Swati knew Munna was lying. But she could not directly go to him and ask Aarav ko keep with her. She had to find her own way for Aarav's sake. Somewhere, both Sameer and Pandit also sensed that Munna was behaving differently. Not only today, but from last 2 months when they met at the school reunioun. But his repitition of the same thing that everything was fine made them silent.

Swati came to kitchen and again saw him standing near the window. She smiled as she knew for whom he stood there. She wondered why always a friend would show so much concern for the other. Sameer and Munna were also his best friends. But he would not behave like this with them. Yes, he would help, cry with them, make them laugh but the gesture he showed towards Preeti was totally different from that. Swati could sense that. Even Munna and Sameer had also told him many times ago. But he did not realise it.

The light of the fridge made him turn back. He saw Swati drinking water and again keeping the bottle inside. She then walked upto him and asked, ''itni raat gaye yahan kya kar raha hai? aur khidki se bahar kya dekh raha tha?.....''

Pandit looked here and there and answered, ''aisehi....nind nahi aarahi thi to main yahan chala aaya... aur khidki se bahar aisehi aasman ko dekh raha tha....''

Swati wanted to smile on catching his lie, but she supressed it and said, ''wo sab to thik hai par....aashman upar hai....samne wali khdki mein nahi....'' She said and walked out laughing. Pandit got her point after a second and smiled rubbing his neck.

He then came running to Swati when she was about to enter her room, ''sun mujhe tujhse kuch puchhna tha....''
Swati made a casual face and told him to go on. He started with one raised brow, ''tune aisa kyun kaha Munna se ki tu Aarav ko rakhegi kuch din....?

Swati looked down and nervously played with her fingers. She then walked ahead and answered him trying to sound normal, ''arey wo Munna ne kaha tha na ki Rewa ki tabiyat thik nahi hai...aur to aur uske mausi mausa bhi abhi ghar par nahi hain....to Aarav aur Rewa donon ka khayal wo akele kaise rakhta? to maine boldiya ki jabtak Rewa thik nahi hojaati.....main hi Aarav ko rakhti hun apne paas...''

Pandit came to Swati and turned her and said in a firm voice, ''kisse jhut bol rahi hai Swati?...main tujhe itne time se to jaanta hi hun ki tu jhut bolti hai to aankhon mein aankhein daalkar baat nahi kar sakti....saaf saaf bol kya baat hai.....mujhe pata hai tu Munna ki madad karna chahti hai par nakki.....ye reason toh nahi hi hai....to bata asli wajah mujhe....''

Swati looked to him and said, ''sahi kaha tune....main jhut nahi bol sakti...par wajah abhi mujhse mat puchh....main sahi waqt aane par tujhe bataungi....abhi sahi yahi hai ki yeh baat sirf mujh tak hi rahe.....''

Pandit sighed and left her shoulder, ''aaj to mujhe aur Sameer ko bhi laga wo bohot kuch chhupa raha hai...sayad tujhe wajah pata hai....thik hai main zor nahi daalunga....aur jaa so jaa...Aarav ka khayal rakhna....'' She nodded smiling and went to her room.

Here, Preeti was turning on her bed thinking that the descion she took would be right in her MIL eyes' or not. How should she initiate? Maybe she would deny her descion.

She again turned in bed to face Samar. He was sleeping peacefully clutching the side of her dupatta. She slowly caressed his cheek and kissed his forehead. She took a long breath and said to herself, ''mujhe mummyji se baat karni hogi...lekin kal pehle Naina aur jijaji ke paas jaati hun....'' She closed her eyes holding Samar close to her.