Part 17

All of them sat with anguish evident on their faces. Naina could completely understand Swati's situation. Because she too once had a fear that the society people will talk nasty about her family members if her relationship with Sameer goes on more. That was why she had broken up with Sameer. Yes, the primary cause was the fear that her father will die in shame, but she also had a far sight that how will her family members survive due to the so-called society, if her relationship with him grew. She had unwillingly broken his heart with resulted in her pain too. Her Chachaji had loved her when nobody had wanted to even see her face. Then how could she let her Chachaji's head down for those 'society-people'?

Sameer looked at Naina seeking apologies in his eyes. He now understood the strong reason why had Naina broken up with him in college. He only thought of him and his heartbreak. He never took a break to study Naina's situation at that time. Yes, he knew that the people who love each other have the guts to fight the world. But, Naina was totally stricken with fear at that time. Due to Arjun-Shefali's incident, her father had tried to kill himself because his son had loved a girl who was from another religion. She also was agitated due to the scene in front of her. That was why she had decided to break up with him. Because society people won't let you live happily. They have to poke their noses in between always.

But here, Swati's condition was different from that of Naina. She was married to her husband for more than two years. And, suddenly she had taken the decision to leave him. And, on the other hand, Pandit had helped her to get out of this. They will not see that the person can be her friend, her brother. They will only see that 'a boy' had helped her and start to judge her. It was obvious that they will point out their fingers at her. They are the people who judge anyone seeing the surface matter. No one will go into deeper thinking. What is happening inside, what's the real cause, will never matter to them at all.

Now the three men sitting in the room had a clear vision of why girls are always kept so hidebound every time. Do this, don't do that, this will matter, it does not look nice, don't go out unnecessarily; these are made only for girls because the society will disparage about them. And at their time, when the society was changing, these talks had come more into action. Everybody blamed that the changing time had influenced girls to do wrong deeds more. That was why Swati was being a culprit in everybody's eyes at that time.

Swati took a sneak look at the wall clock up and saw it was 11 already. She took a deep breath and said softly, "main zara lunch ka dekh leti hun...tum log yahin khalena aaj....aur Aarav bhi kabse bhuka hai....iske liye bhi dudh bana deti hun....."

Munna had no courage to speak anything to her. He didn't feel like eating anything. The delinquency inside him had made his stomach full. He looked up at Swati and saw her serene face. She was strong enough to come out of the deadly situation in front of her. He started the same chanting. He was responsible for her pain. He had given every wound to her.

He dared to speak to her, "main khana nahi khaunga Swati...."Everybody looked at him. They could understand his condition so they didn't force him to change his choice.

Swati smiled at him and said, "apni dost ke haaton kaa banaya hua khana nahi khaoge?.....aur kuch naa sahi, tumhari dost to main aaj bhi hun...hun na?...." Munna looked at her in disbelief. His eyes again started to water. She was impossible. She was still thinking about 'his' hunger. She knew how to heal other's guilt with her sweet gesture.

She again said getting up and pulling her dupatta to tie on one side, "tum log bhi to dekho ki tumhari dost itne saalon mein kitni talented hogayi hai.....iss Pandit ne to mere haaton ka banaya hua khaya hai...ab tum logon ki baari....aaj sabka pasandida khana banaungi main....."

"Main bhi aati hun tere saath...." Saying this, Naina also got up only to be stopped by Swati, "nahi....tu nahi aayegi....aaj sirf main banaungi.....aur tum log mazze se khaoge.....waise bhi baaki ki baate abhi baatani baki hai......wo tum logon ko Pandit bata dega....waise bhi main ab aur bata nahi paaungi....." Swati said the last line wistfully looking down. Everyone felt sorry for the girl in front of them.