Part 45

Pandit stumbled at his pace when he got out of the house early morning. He hurried down the stairs when Swati yelled from behind, "Pandit sambhal ke chal. Pandit...main bhi aarahi hun, Pandiiittt.." But he flew before her sound could reach his ears. She gave a hopeless look and fumbled with the latch of the door. She hurriedly put on the lock and followed Pandit to Sameer's house downstairs.

Sameer had just touched his lips on the edge of the hot mug, to sip his special morning coffee by none other than his Naina. He closed his eyes and started slurping the coffee when the continuous roaring of the bell door made him jump and his lips burnt slightly. He immediately placed the coffee mug on the table and pressed his lips squeezing his eyes, and groaned lightly, "aahhh"

Naina, who had come to receive the person at the door, widened her eyes seeing Sameer whimper in pain. She hurried to him and handed him the cold glass of water and placed her hand on his lips, "Sameer, kya hua? Dhyan se peena chahiye tha na...jal gaya lagta hai" she gave a scolding tone to him.

Before Sameer could answer her, the door-bell hollered again. Sameer spoke in an irritating tone, dipping his finger in the cold water and placing it on his lips, "arey mera chhodo, jao jaake darwaaza kholo warna kahin door bell hi na tod de jo bhi hai bahar. Arey aas paas ke gharon waale log bahar nikal aayenge bahar. Jaao na"

Naina adjusted her dupatta with a fumble and said walking towards the gate, "haan haan dekhti hun"

When she opened it ajar, Pandit waved inside without warning and Naina got a bit scared. She placed her hand on her chest and said blinking her eyes in an alarm, "kya kar raha hai Pandit" But he straightly walked towards Sameer, without paying heed to her words.

"ise kya hua?itna kya hadbadaya hua hai?" Naina asked to a panting Swati, who had just entered the door.

She gestured to get up to him, as she was not able to speak due to the run. Naina hummed and hurried to latch the door behind and followed Swati.

When Pandit stood near Sameer, he yelled, "yaar ye main kya sun raha hun? Rewa toh..."

But before he could speak more, Sameer palmed his mouth tight, "shhh...kya kar raha hai? Apne aawaz se poore building ko jagana hai kya? Aaram se baat kar na, Suman bhi jag jaaegi" Pandit nodded and Sameer left his mouth. He signaled Naina to close the bedroom door. She got the point and was back after a couple of seconds.

"ab dheere bata ki baat kya hai?" Sameer spoke settling himself on the chair.

Pandit caught his hand and made him stand straight before he could land down perfectly, "arey saara sach pata chalne ke baad bhi tu itni shaanti se kaise baith sakta hai?"

Sameer sighed and looked at Naina. They could understand that Pandit was talking about yesterday's incident. 

Pandit and Munna both had asked Swati after dinner, about what had happened when they were away. And, keeping Rewa's words in her head, she explained that Rewa was repeating the same thing, that she needed a divorce. Swati was cursing herself for blurting lies but she could not ignore Rewa's words too.

Munna had chuckled sarcastically, and moved to his side sliding down the mattress and turned to face himself to the wall. Pandit wanted to talk more, but Swati indicated him to be quiet for now. Pandit had obliged and the discussion was again left for today morning. When Munna took Aarav with him for a morning walk, Swati narrated everything truthfully to Pandit and he barged immediately to talk to Sameer.

Naina kept the tray aside and spoke in a low volume, "Munna kahan par hai?"

"Munna subah subah Aarav ko leke thodi der garden gaya hai, jaldi aajaega. Par tu baat ko badal mat Naina. Main puchh raha tha ki tum log ye saari chizein jaanke shaant kaise reh sakte ho" Pandit questioned being hell irritated by whatever was going on.