Part 39

Swati crawled out of the bedroom early morning at 6, yawning and stretching her arms. She rubbed her eyes to clear the surroundings in front of her. When she blinked twice, she saw Pandit and Munna sleeping soundly on the mattress below. That means, Munna had arrived late night and obviously Pandit opened the door. Munna had denied Sameer and Pandit to pick him at the airport, as he knew that he will be late at night. He did not want to bother anyone. And, they also did not stretch it much.

She came out of her revive, when the cool morning breeze entering the room hit her face and Pandit stired a little in his sleep. She rolled her eyes and sighed in disbelief. There was a pooja to be conducted by 10 am, and the man concerned to it was sleeping without any bother. She tied her hair up and walked to them.

She woke Pandit up, trying not to interrupt Munna's sleep. She spoke in a low voice shaking his arm, "Pandit...uth jaa...Pandit...jaldi uthke naaha le...pooja hai...Pandiiiiit...."she screeched her voce, still in a low tone.

But he was in no mood to open the eyes, Swati was again to summon him but halted as he spoke in sleep, "ummm...Preeti...sone do na..."

Swati palmed her mouth instantly, "hey bhagwaan...ye toh abhi se Preeti ke sapne dekh raha hai...ise uthaun kaise?...agar Munna ne sun liya toh?...ab kya karun?" She had just said and by the time being, she saw Munna turning towards Pandit's side.

As she had anticipated, Pandit pulled Munna by his waist and his eyes flew open, and hers widened more. Before Munna could retort, Pandit again blushed in sleep, "tum bhi so jaao na...ekdum mere paas...Samar bhi tang nahi karega...aao na...pleeeaasssseeee..." he sounded cute and adorable.

Munna was numb. He woke from sleep all of a sudden and saw Pandit this closer to his face. He was not able to sense that what was going on. Before his throat could find voice, Pandit started to decrease the gap pouting his lips. Swati's eyes widened to extent and she also stood completely dumb. Finally Munna shouted in the top of his voice not able to tolerate this more. He pushed Pandit far from him, shaking the whole building, "Paaaandddddiiiiit..."

Pandit whisked off the thick mattress and fell down with a swift, entangled in the duvet. He spoke in his sleepy voice which was cracked due to the sudden loud noise, "ky...kya hua....kya hua yaar...bhukamp aaya ka?"

Munna slithered farther from him, covering himelf with his duvet, widning his eyes. Swati, who had covered her ears, suddenly started to laugh like a fanatic. Pandit looked up rubbing his eyes and yawned, "kya hua?....bhoot pret ghus gaya kya tere andar?...daant phaad phaad ke kya has rahi hai?"

Swati tried to explain but could not control her laugh. Pandit's gaze fell on Munna's horror stricken and sweat bathed face, "tujhe kya hua?...aur tu itni zor se chillaya kyun?...aadhi raat ko jaga diya mujhe...." He again started yawning, stretching his hands up.

Munna kicked him with his leg, and gritted his teeth in irritation, "abey kutte...kamine...tujhe pata bhi hai abhi yahan kya hone wala tha?...agar main chillaya nahi hota na toh aaj meri izzat hi lut jaani thi tere haathon..." his voice sounded alien in the room.

"kaise kaise sapne dekhta hai bey tu Ponga...aisi harkat kaun karta hai?...yaar tere saath sona khatre se khali nahi hai...bhag...ullu ka pattha..."Pandit met with his kick again.

Swati was still laughing, clutching her stomach. Pandit made confused faces and whined rubbing his arm, "kya bole jaa raha hai?....bhang waang khake aaya tha kya tu kal raat ko?...kya bakwas kiye jaa raha hai yaar...aur izzat lut jaati?...sona khatre se khaali nahi?...kya bolna kya chah raha hai tu?"

"iski toh...." Munna again wanted to yank him, but instead, he jolted his forehead with his palm giving an impossible look.

"kya?" Pandit still was not getting.