Part 43

They all were sipping tea quietly. No one was speaking and Munna was dying to know who was going to intrude in the house, whose knowledge only Swati had. The continuous slurping of tea around him was making him hell vexed by now. He gritted his teeth in annoyance but could not speak a word. Pandit blurted out a small laugh on his condition for which he received a deadly glare from Munna. Pandit now sat quietly, without creating any disturbance, as he did not want to get beaten by the wounded tiger beside him.

Munna patted his leg on the carpet, waiting for the person to show up time and again eyeing his wrist-watch. The three girls were sensing his restlessness but he had to wait, there was no other way.

Sameer asked Naina in gestures. She also blinked, convincing him that he will know soon. Sameer sighed and let it go. They waited for the next 20 minutes now. Munna was pissed off by the suspense. He tried to enquire again but at the same time, the doorbell rang alerting them all.

Everyone looked at each other's faces. Naina got up and almost ran towards the gate. She opened it wide and smiled welcoming the person, "aao"

She nodded and moved in with slow steps and downcasted face. When she reached to stand near them, the boys gaped at her with wide eyes eyeing the other three with suspicious eyes. Preeti nodded at them.

Before anything could be said by anyone, Naina spoke greeting Rewa again, "Rewa, tum khadi kyun ho? baitho na"

She sat down squeezing herself in the small space on the sofa having no energy to speak, and other girls also sat with her. Pandit sat down pulling Sameer with him. But Munna stood frozen. His gaze was switching between Swati and Rewa again and again. What did Swati call Rewa here? Sameer shook Munna slowly making him sit down too.

He was wearing a bewildered expression for a long time, but now he could not hold this inside him longer. He tried to speak, "Re...Rewa...tum...yahan pe?"

Rewa looked up at his face. His face was faded, deprived of any kind of enthusiasm and he was looking very weak. Definitely, he had cried and she could guess the reason. He must have shared about him and her with his friends. And, that was why Swati had called her. She pointed out correctly.

She took a silent breath and replied to him trying to be rude, "haan. Swati ke kehne pe aayi hun. Jaldi chali jaaungi, tumhe bilkul pareshani hogi" and looked the other side.

Munna sighed shutting his eyes tighter but he could not talk further with her; as he did not know what to say. He was stuck in with himself. Confused, disturbed, suffering, ambiguous, vague, hollow, unpredictable, unsettled...every situation suited him perfectly at this time. He waited for Swati to speak up. But she too was seated voiceless. He mentally pulled his hair. Before he becomes a patient of a mental asylum permanently, they needed to speak...damn it.

But thanks to Sameer. It was like the disturbing silence prevailing in the room was eating him up too. He was irritated but spoke slowly, "Swati, please samjhaogi ki ye sab kya ho raha hai?" Naina gestured with her hands, indicating him to wait. He rolled his eyes annoyingly.

Rewa too spoke long blinking her eyes, turning to face Swati, "Swati, dekho main tumhare kehne pe aa toh gayi hun. Par tumne bataya nahi mujhe ki kaam kya hai. Tumne kaha zaruri hai isiliye main aagayi. Jo bhi bolna hai jadli bolo, mujhe aur bhi kaam hai. Waise bhi tum logon ki tarah gappe ladane ka faltu time nahi hai mere paas" she used her usual tone. And, they were becoming used to it.

Swati placed her hands on Rewa's cold ones, she suddenly started feeling uneasy...or may be comfortable. She was chaotic. She had no courage to look at Swati's face.

Swati started, "Rewa, hum sab log jaante hain ki Munna aur tumhare beech mein kuchh bhi thik nahi chal raha hai. Aur ye bhi jaante hain ki tum donon alag hona chahte ho. Dekho, ye tum donon ke beech ki baat hai, mera ya kisi aur ka koi haq nahi banta iss baat ko kuretneka. Magar Munna hum sab doston ko apna parivaar manta hai. Aur, usne tum logon ke alag hone ka bhi kaaran bata diya hai hume, aur bhi baaki sab kuchh bataya hai...lekin..."