Part 38

Preeti had showed up early today as a lot of works were pending for pooja to be conducted the following day. All three girls by whom the pooja was supposed to be done had gathered to gauri aunty's house. Pandit too followed them as his mother had insisted that he should know these sorts of venerations as well. Aditya, Sejal and Sameer too sat there to know if anything was left the last minute. Children were also having a marathon race inside the house itself.

When all of them were seated, Tanvi came out with glasses of juice and offered them with a smile. When she came to Naina, she took the tray from her hand and pulled her to sit between her and Preeti. Without objecting, Tanvi sat between them happily.

She turned to Preeti when Gauri aunty was cross-checking the lists of stuffs after Naina was done checking it once, "Bhabhi...mummy ka phone aaya kya?"

Preeti shook her head kepping the glass aside, "dekh na Tanvi...abhi tak unka phone nahi aaya...waise bhi mushkil se hafte mein 2 baar baat ho paati hai...unko bola tha maine ki abhi na jaaye, abhi unki tabiyat waise bhi thik nahi rehti...par unhone meri ek nahi suni...aakhri baar jab unka call aaya tha toh buri tarah se khaans rahi thi wo...mujhe toh dar hai ki kahin unki tabiyat aur na bigad jaaye is yaatra ki wajah se...." Preeti spoke with tension lines on her forehead.

Tanvi felt very overwhelmed at the moment, that she had got Preeti as her sister-in-law. And also her mother was fortunate to have Preeti as her DIL. She sighed again, as her mother never got to know the importance of Preeti. Neither did she take a break to observe good sides of Preeti's friends. She was always bitter with everyone. Tanvi wondered why her mother always behaved like outsiders with Preeti and Preeti side's people. She was really strange.

However, she shrugged off all these thoughts and assured Preeti, "aap bohot chinta karti ho bhabhi...mummy thik hi hongi..."

"bhagwan kare ki aisa hi ho..." she folded her hands in prayer.

Tanvi too nodded with a grateful expression.

Sameer asked Aditya who was getting the hold of both the children, who were not in a mood to stop at one place, "tera to shoot aaj shaam ko katam hone wala tha na?...toh tu itni jaldi kaise aa gaya?"

Aditya caught both the children by their wrists, "yaahan baith donon ke donon..."

And then turned to Sameer, "haan?...kya keh raha tha tu?"

Sameer sighed and said in a low volume, "main yahi puchh raha tha ki tera shoot toh shaam ko khatam hone wala tha na?....to tu itni jaldi?...kasise?"

Aditya bind the toddlers, locking them by his legs around them and answered Sameer, "arey apan ne hi director sir ko kaha tha ki apna jaldi se shoot khatam karde thoda...arey apne ghar mein pooja hai to late thodi ho sakte hain...socha jaldi aajaun...thodi bohot madat main bhi kar dunga..."

Pandit kept his hand on Aditya's shoulder, "thank you Aditya...mere liye itna sab sochne ke liye..."

He bent his shoulder to take Pandit's hands off him. Sameer and Pandit sat surprised by Aditya's behaviour. Sameer asked with a strange look, "arey Aditya...kya hogaya?...aise kyun?"

His tone became a bit higher"kya aise kyun?..."

The next second he turned to Pandit, "arey Pandit bhai...dosti yaari mein bhi koi thank you kehta hai kya?...aap to Sameer ke bachpan ke dost ho na?...aur suna hai ki aap logon ki dosti ka ek funda tha...ki...dosti mein no sorry...no thank you...ab mere se thank you aap kahoge toh mujhe lagega ki main paraya hun..."he made a fake pout, to which the children giggled profusely.

Pandit and Sameer laughed and he again patted his back, "Aditya yaar....samose ki kasam dil jeet liya tune aaj...waise dosti ka ek aur usul hota hai...dosti mein aap wagaira jamta nahi hai...mujhse aur Munna se bhi waise hi baat kiya kar na jaise Sameer se karta hai...toh aur bhi achha lagega hume...kya bolta hai Sameer?"