Part 42

Munna was still silent. Definitely, he was ready to unleash everything...no doubt. But it was obvious that he was going to share the most painful secret of his. It was between him and Rewa only, till now. If his friends had not come to know about it, he and Rewa would have sorted it...silently, without anyone's knowledge. Whatever had been its consequences, he would have tolerated. But now, the circumstances are completely different than he had thought of. He lifted his heavy lashes which hooded his teary and guilty eyes and looked in front. They sat with a mute expression on their face. They were waiting for him to speak. He held a deep sigh closing his eyes for a couple of seconds. No one interrupted him. And, when he opened them, he thought he was fine...with no any sort of hesitation or dither in his heart.

He cleared his throat and started in a low voice, "Mera aur Rewa ka rishta...samay ke saath saath bohot badal gaya hai...ya...aisa kahun ki humare rishte ki kabhi shuruwaat hi nahi hui...kyunki humne ek dusre se shaadi to karli...lekin main use ek pati ka pyaar aur saath kabhi nahi de paaya..." He paused and glanced at Swati. She was not surprised by his words. Maybe she knew this thing. Yes, she once had a conversation with Rewa, he remembered. Others had a skeptic expression on their face, pondering over what he had just said.

Naina and Sameer looked at each other. They were visibly stupefied. They recalled the time when they all had gathered for Rewa and Munna's function...long time back in Ahmedabad. They had a stupid fight with each other but inspite of that, they were present there for wishing a 'happy married life' to Munna. He seemed happy with Rewa, even after his eyes fell on a 'married' Swati. He was joyful that time. He talked normally with everyone, so with Swati. And, Rewa too was at ease. They all had pointed out so easily that, both Munna and Swati had moved on in their lives.

Munna continued again, taking them out of their own revives, "Main Swati se pyaar karta hun..." His words made Swati's heart race with a high whiz. She fisted her dupatta very tightly, widening her eyes at his sudden revelation. Everyone else was looking at her. Her whole body erupted into goosebumps.

Munna realized his silly words and covered up instantly, "mera matlab hai ki...Swati se pyaar karta tha...college mein...aur ye baat maine shaadi se pehle Rewa ko keh diya tha..."

Swati sighed but sadly, as the sentence he spoke earlier was just his folly and nothing else. Her heart was paining. He 'loved' her, not 'loves' her. Naina kept her palm on hers, blinking her eyes. Swati gave a dejected smile to her in return. Naina knew that she was hurt, but she could not do anything for her now.

Their attention drew when Sameer enquired Munna, "munna...yeh baat toh hum sab jaante hain ki tune Rewa se sab kuchh khulkar keh diya tha pehle hi...par uske baawazud tum logon ke rishte mein itni khatas kyun?..."

Munna looked up at him. He could not answer. Pandit sensed that something is bothering him. He saw everyone. They sat silent. He kept his hand on Munna's shoulder, "dekh Munna...ye saari baatein tere aur Rewa ki neeji zindagi ki baatein hain...hum tujhse zabardasti nahi kar rahe...agar tu humse kehna nahi chahta toh koi baat nahi...koi tujhe force nahi karega...hum toh bas itna chahte hain ki tu khush rahe...humara Aarav khush rahe...bas..." Everyone seated there agreed to pandit. Munna's comfort and willingness was important than anything else right now. And, whatever he was going to share was very personal. So, no one interfered with it. All was up to Munna, whether he wanted or not.

Munna shook his head in NO, "nahi Pandit...tum sab log toh mere apne ho...meri zindagi ho...tum logon ke beena apna kal ya aaj nahi dekh dekh sakta main...arey tum logon se apni koi bhi baat kehne mein kaisi sharam...sach to ye hai ki...ab main bhi apne andar ye saari baatein nahi daba paa raha hun..."

They all did not disturb him and he continued further, "Rewa humara rishta aage nahi badhana chahti..."

"matlab kya hai tera Munna?" Preeti narrowed her eyes.