Part 41

Naina stood beside Sameer, gazing the holy fire that lit in the small hawan kund. People say that the 'fire' is divine and why won't it be? Couples get tied in a sacred knot for the lifetime, vowing around it. 'Fire' is considered as the purest thing in our doctrine. For the completion of certain veneration also, like today...fire was required. Why? Because it is really auspicious. It blows off negativity from around them. People believed and so did she.

She was again vanished her attention in examining the people around her. She looked at everyone's face, one by one. Munna, Pandit, Swati and Preeti...everyone's life had messed up. But they all were so good actors. They knew how to hide their pain behind their smiles. Seriously, time changes everything. They changed, their behavior changed and she wanted them back...again...in their original forms. The stubborn knots had tied up with each other so tightly that it was being difficult for both her and Sameer to untie them. They had to endeavor a lot for it...still. She closed her eyes slowly, praying that the holy fire liting here will glow all of their lives too. It was too much of it now.

Sameer caught her hand to which she jerked her look, exchanging them between her hand and his face. He leaned to her ear, "kya soch rahi ho Naina?"

She sighed trying to stop her mind to overthink. She wiped her forehead and answered him slowly, "wahi saari chizein soch rahi thi Sameer...humare saare doston ke baare mein...kabhi kabhi toh reh reh ke dar lagta hai mujhe...kya in logon ki zindagi hum suljha paayenge?..."

He smiled at her concern. She felt lighter, as his warm smile always soothed her heart. He rubbed his thumb over her palm, which was still locked together. She calmed down. He bore his comforting gaze on her face and spoke with all the smiles, "Naina...hum donon jab tak saath mein hain...humare doston ke saath kuchh bura nahi ho sakta...pata hai na?"

She nodded and finally smiled. She then explained to him everything, whatever had happened outside, whatever Munna and Rewa talked with each other, how was Munna's behavior towards Rewa, how was Rewa's behavior towards her...everything.

He assured her, "Naina...bas ye pooja khatam hojaane do...uske baat Munna na kaha hai na ki wo sab kuchh bataega...aakhir hua kya hai un donon ke beech...aur Rewa achanak aise badal kaise gayi...sab pata chalega...aur hum sab milke iss baat ka hal nikaalenge...aur waise bhi ab toh Preeti bhi saari baat jaanti hai...to hum sab baith ke baat karte hain..."

She nodded still furrowing her eyebrows. He pressed her hand and blinked his eyes, showing that he was by her side...no matter what. And, she knew it. He encircled her shoulder and spoke lovingly, "ab saari baatein apne dimaag se nikaaldo...aur pooja pe dhyan do...poore man se pooja karna...kyunki ye pooja...humare Pandit ke barkat se judi hai...aur usme toh hum koi kami nahi hone de sakte...hai na?"

"bilkul nahi Sameer...main poora man laga ke pooja mein baithungi...aur Pandit bhi bohot kamiyaabi chhuyega, phirse...dekh lena tum..." she spoke with a happy voice and set the other things aside.

Meanwhile, Panditji called them there, "jinke haaton pooja honi hai...wo aajaiye..."

After a few seconds, Gauri aunty walked up to them, "Naina chal...Panditji bula rahe hain..." She looked at him and he gestured her to go, without any other thoughts for now. She walked up to it and sat down folding her legs. Preeti also assured that Samar was idle with Pandit and joined Naina. Swati too handed Aarav to Munna and sat with them. The three of them covered their heads with their dupatta and joined their hands in prayer. As the pooja progressed, with each 'aahuti' in the holy fire, they all prayed with all their soul, for each other's happiness, each other's wellbeing, prosperity, and togetherness.

Some, One and a half an hour later, Panditji smiled at the three ladies and spoke to everyone present there, "pooja sampann hui...kisi bhi karyasthal pe aisi pooja karnese saare grah doshon ka niwaraan hota hai...iske wajah se har karya mein saphalta ki praapti ki maanyata hai...vighna bhi swayam dur hojaate hain...aur nakaratmak urjaaein bhi dur rehti hai...sab aor sakaarmat vaatavaran ka pravesh hota hai...aur mann bhi shaant rehta hai..." Everyone smiled at Panditji's explanation and the motive behind the holy pooja.