Part 32

"tumhe kaise pata chala Naina?...kya tum iss bare mein pehle se jaanti thi?...agar aisa tha to tumne mujhe pehle bataya kyun nahi?..."Sameer was restless as well as confused about the fact that Naina knew this thing already.

Naina caught his hand before he could speak more, "Sameer...naa hi mujhe ye baat pata hai aur naahi main iss bare mein pehle se jaanti thi...maine to bas ek andaza lagaya tha...aur kabse tumse yahi baat karna chahti thi...kab se yahi baat pareshan kare jaa rahi hai mujhe..." she explained furrowing her eyebrows.

"andazaa?" Sameer was not getting the point exactly.

Naina got up and walked ahead taking off her hands from his, "haan Sameer...andaza...aaj subah...mujhe nahi pata tumne dekha ya nahi...par main naa chahte huye bhi baar baar wahi sab soche jaa rahi thi...aur sayad abhi bhi wahi soch rahi hun..."

He pulled her slightly to himself, speaking softly, "saaf saaf kaho Naina...kaunsi baat?"

She held a small sigh, trying to gather her voice, and started explaining him everything she had been thinking all the while. She also let all her apprehensions open, in front of him. The sight she saw today morning had left her spell-bound. Somewhere inside her, she wanted it to turn true, but the outside 'her' was still confused. She explained each bit of realization he had, seeing Pandit and Preeti together.

He listened to her carefully, paying attention to her each and every word. He was getting the point that Naina had started to sense the connection between Pandit and Preeti. It was not wrong, but he had the only fear that how will she react to this thing. He had thought that Naina had come to know about Pandit's feelings for Preeti. But she still had no idea about it. He, at the next moment, was again muddled whether to convey this to Naina or not. He sighed irritatingly, as he couldn't keep this thing to himself anymore.

His trance broke when Naina turned to face him, "ab tum hi batao Sameer...kya main jo soch rahi hun wo sahi hai?...kya ye mumkin bhi hai?...pata nahi baar baar aisi waahiyat baat soch rahi hun ki Pandit aur Pr...Pree..ti saath mein ho sakte hain...kya?" Now, she feared what will he react on her stupidity.

"Naina main..."

Naina cut him in middle, "Sameer...mujhe pata hai tumhe bhi lag raha hoga ki main bhi kaisi pagal hun...aisa kyun soch rahi hun...par Sameer, main kya karun tumhi batao...chah kar bhi ye sab main sochna band nahi kar paa rahi...Preeti aur Pandit....aise kaise..." she kept her head in her hands and sat down on the bed.

Sameer studied her carefully. She was seeing Preeti and Pandit together but was not being able to accept it. Now, it had been mandatory for Naina to know whatever Sameer was observing, whatever Pandit was thinking.

She again started looking up to him, "pata nahi mera mann Pandit aur Preeti ko saath dekhne ke liye kyun tula hua hai...jab ki main jaanti hun ye mumkin nahi hai..."

"aur agar main kahun ki ye mumkin hai...toh?" Sameer put forth his word, waiting for her response.

She got up and stood in front of him, "ye kaise mumkin hai Sameer...tum hi socho na...Preeti ka pa...mera matlab hai ki wo abhi akeli hai...uska pati jaa chuka hai...aur hum sab ko dikh raha hai ki wo sirf isiliye jee rahi hai kyunki Samar, uska beta, uski zimmedari hai...aur Pandit...wo...sayad wo bhi naa mane...Preeti ko apnane se...tumhi socho na...Preeti pehle shaadi shuda thi...aur ab to uske saath uska beta bhi hai...aise mein koi bhi aadmi aisi aurat ko kyun apnaega..."

Sameer gaped at her in disbelief. He was forced to think twice. Was she still 'his Naina' who never used to judge 'love' for someone on whatever condition someone is going through. How was not trying to think about this topic from his point of view? He smacked himself mentally. Maybe she will change her decision after knowing Pandit's feelings for Preeti.